British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   OMG!!!..I found something to whinge about! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/omg-i-found-something-whinge-about-194728/)

podgypossum Dec 3rd 2003 1:22 pm

OMG!!!..I found something to whinge about!

OK..brace yourselves ..here goes!!

Anyone living in Adelaide do NOT buy anything from Bunnings warehouse that needs delivering!!

We went in there last Friday and bought a 7 piece outdoor table setting and also a BBQ. Firstly, they only had 4 of the chairs in stock and said we could have what they got delivered and they send the rest when they arrive ... fair enough i thought. They said they would also deliver BBQ at the same time. Told us Tuesday....

Tuesday comes... afternoon..no delivery. Husband phones them to ask where it is..guess what?... some idiot in the shop SOLD our table and chairs AFTER we had paid for it!!!!...but if that wasnt bad enough, they then lied to us on the phone and said it was all on its way to us that morning. Anyway...to cut a very long story short, manager offered us a different set on loan till others arrive and also gave us $30 gift voucher. Not too bad you may say...BUT...when they delivered the BBQ, it came with no instructions on how to put it together...hubby fuming by this time!!Rangthtem...more appologies and then offered to send instructions out via courier next morning...ok...we did also get a very nice BBQ recipe book as an appology.

All in all i like Bunnings and htey are good value, but i sure as hell wont be buying stuff for delivery in future!!

THERE....SEE!!!....I CAN WHINGE TOO :D

Florida_03 Dec 3rd 2003 1:46 pm

Re: OMG!!!..I found something to whinge about!

Originally posted by podgypossum

Anyone living in Adelaide do NOT buy anything from Bunnings warehouse that needs delivering!!

We went in there last Friday and bought a 7 piece outdoor table setting and also a BBQ. Firstly, they only had 4 of the chairs in stock and said we could have what they got delivered and they send the rest when they arrive ... fair enough i thought. They said they would also deliver BBQ at the same time. Told us Tuesday....

Tuesday comes... afternoon..no delivery. Husband phones them to ask where it is..guess what?... some idiot in the shop SOLD our table and chairs AFTER we had paid for it!!!!...but if that wasnt bad enough, they then lied to us on the phone and said it was all on its way to us that morning. Anyway...to cut a very long story short, manager offered us a different set on loan till others arrive and also gave us $30 gift voucher. Not too bad you may say...BUT...when they delivered the BBQ, it came with no instructions on how to put it together...hubby fuming by this time!!Rangthtem...more appologies and then offered to send instructions out via courier next morning...ok...we did also get a very nice BBQ recipe book as an appology.

All in all i like Bunnings and htey are good value, but i sure as hell wont be buying stuff for delivery in future!!

Not a bad first attempt.

I think you need to distill the venom a bit more and throw in a few "ozzie bastards" or "convict wankers". You know, just to give it a more true pommie whine edge. I am sure a look in the archives will show some fine example whines from the pros.

evorobin Dec 3rd 2003 2:44 pm

THERE....SEE!!!....I CAN WHINGE TOO
No fair play we have had no problem with them at all tbh

If you need a car go to Stillwell Ford in medindie, main north road. Much better service IMO:)

podgypossum Dec 3rd 2003 8:15 pm

Too late, we have already bought one. Holden Berlina V6. But i'll bare that place in mind when we need a second car. Thanx

mashiraz Dec 3rd 2003 10:44 pm

Bunning will go 10% below any lower priced item you find elsewhere...

We've just ordered a shed through them, so my fingers are now crossed...
:D
Mash...

RichS Dec 3rd 2003 11:11 pm

You'll probably get the missing chairs and BBQ.

But I'm sure you'll be bale to make a shed out of it.

Jirrupin Dec 4th 2003 12:10 am

I think your complaint about the level of service you received is justifiable. Hopefully it isn't the norm. But B&Q at home wouldn't have delivered it for about three weeks, and some bits would probably have been broken when it got there. I know I practically lived in B&Q:D

I hope when it all does arrive, complete with instructions that you are able to enjoy it, sat out in your garden basking in the fantastic summer weather .....lifestyle :cool:

Pollyana Dec 4th 2003 12:45 am

...agreed, the last thing I ordered from B&Q wasn't delivered for about 3 weeks - but then at least they TOLD me three weeks....they didn't say "Tuesday" and then proceed to mess up the whole order!!!:D

MrsDagboy Dec 4th 2003 2:24 am

Originally posted by mashiraz
Bunning will go 10% below any lower priced item you find elsewhere...

We've just ordered a shed through them, so my fingers are now crossed...
Mash...
Agree with Rich, you'll probably end up with the missing chairs & BBQ instructions ;).

As for the 10% lower thing, we were looking around for a shade cover for the garden. Went to a couple of stores & noted prices & then wandered down to Bunnings. First one we saw was the one that we preferred, very very solid, nice & large & had a couple of extra features. Priced at $349. I said to Dagboy "Im sure that was $290 at the last place we went to", so I questioned the sales guy who confirmed that they would do 10% better than whatever the other place quoted & trotted off to call them on the phone. Overheard him describing it to the girl on the other end & came back with a price of $219 :eek:! So we walked out with a $350 shadecover for $198, all because its very hard to describe one without at least using a brandname & a size ;).

Bunnings cheap prices have to be cheap to compensate for their absolutely pathetic customer service :rolleyes:

wizzywozza Dec 4th 2003 5:43 am

Had to laugh at this thread cos I had a job interview at Bunnings in Mile End on Monday night. It was a group interview and most of the 90 minutes was spent emphasising just how GOOD their customer service is. I wish I had known about this thread back then. Haven't heard a dicky bird about the job - which is usual these days.......they just leave you hanging on that one too!

podgypossum Dec 4th 2003 5:48 am

Originally posted by wizzywozza
Had to laugh at this thread cos I had a job interview at Bunnings in Mile End on Monday night. It was a group interview and most of the 90 minutes was spent emphasising just how GOOD their customer service is. I wish I had known about this thread back then. Haven't heard a dicky bird about the job - which is usual these days.......they just leave you hanging on that one too!

LMAO Wizzy..thats the same branch we went to!!!!!

MrsDagboy Dec 4th 2003 5:52 am

Originally posted by wizzywozza
Their customer service would be heaps better if they just had a bit more service to go with the customers ;).

Honestly, up here at our local Bunnings it is so crap that Dagboy & I have walked out after waiting to speak to someone for 45 mins on a couple of occasions.

SteveBannister Dec 4th 2003 6:12 am

'Mistakes' are made the world over, but getting a store to admit that they've made amistake is quite an achievment! I think that after the apology, they have acted pretty admirably. Free loan of furniture, $30 gift voucher, instruction sent by courier! In the UK, any free offer would be to admit that they had made a mistake. And that's just not British! ;) As someone who took B&Q to court over here with a case that lasted 2 years, I know that companies don't like to admit that they are wrong.

Good luck with yor BBQ!

Steve.