Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG - This is getting scary

OMG - This is getting scary

Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light
Talking OMG - This is getting scary

Well that's it's folks!!! Crown removals have been round today, they were really good so far. Lets hope it all turns up in OZ!!!! Only some furniture left in the house which I have sold to a friend who is collecting on Monday.

Also I am now officially a squatter!!!! I compleated on the house today and the money is in the bank, but don't hand the keys over to Tuesday. The guy that has brought the house wanted to compleate today as he is buying another next week, but is letting me stay over the weekend.

I am going to OZ the long way. Flying to Moscow on Thursday am soending three nights there before getting on the Trans-Siberian train for 5 days to Irkutsk then 4 nights in the middle of no where near lake baikaler (the largest natural water lake inthe world) then three more days on the train to Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia then after three nights on the train again for 2 days to Beijing.

In Chins for four weeks going to, Beijing, Xi'an, Chingqing, Yangtze river Cruise, Shanghai, then onto Hong Kong for a week before flying to Cairns on 23rd Oct.

Then gonna spend five weeks backpacking down the east coast to sydney, before starting a 5 month sailing course on 29th Nov.

Roll on Thursday, I canna wait!!!!! Now time for a or two.

Laters storerg

Last edited by storerg; Aug 27th 2005 at 1:02 am.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:15 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OMG - This is getting scary

Originally Posted by storerg

Well that's it's folks!!! Crown removals have been round today, they were really good so far. Lets hope it all turns up in OZ!!!! Only some furniture left in the house which I have sold to a friend who is collecting on Monday.

Also I am now officially a squatter!!!! I compleated on the house today and the money is in the bank, but don't hand the keys over to Tuesday. The guy that has brought the house wanted to compleate today as he is buying another next week, but is letting me stay over the weekend.

I am going to OZ the long way. Flying to Moscow on Thursday am soending three nights there before getting on the Trans-Siberian train for 5 days to Irkutsk then 4 nights in the middle of no where near lake baikaler (the largest natural water lake inthe world) then three more days on the train to Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia then after three nights on the train again for 2 days to Beijing.

In Chins for four weeks going to, Beijing, Xi'an, Chingqing, Yangtze river Cruise, Shanghai, then onto Hong Kong for a week before flying to Cairns on 23rd Oct.

Then gonna spend five weeks backpacking down the east coast to sydney, before starting a 5 month sailing course on 29th Nov.

Laters storerg
Wow!!! That's one cool way to get to Oz. You obviously have a good dose of wanderlust. I'll bet the trans-siberian will be a marvellous experience. Always wanted to do that one....

Enjoy your journey wherever it takes you, and may it be a safe one.

Sue
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Laters storerg
well you lucky thing, you must be single. Can you imagine doing that with 3 kids, all the very best to you, life is too short, have a brilliant time , keep safe, Denise
Old Aug 27th 2005, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Laters storerg
WOW. that sounds fantastic. What and experience!!. Good luck for the journey and the sailing course.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Laters storerg

lordy!! Don't forget your map Storerg!

Keep safe.

Flash.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 7:48 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Laters storerg
Talk about living it up. Sounds fantastic. Enjoy the trip and your new life in Oz.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 27th 2005, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Thats one hell of a great journey, got to be the best way ive seen any one get to oz . Good luck with your trip.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Simoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to all
Talking Re: OMG - This is getting scary

Laters storerg
Best of luck, I'm very jealous, we go in January (if my house sells in time, fingers crossed)
Old Aug 27th 2005, 8:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's impressive. Presumably you have stacks of memory on the 'puter for all the photos.

Have a fantastic trip, try not to catch anything and I hope you can settle after all that
Old Aug 27th 2005, 8:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not travelling with kids, partner, dog and cat then How about the 40kgs luggage allowance?

Seriously, its sounds fantastic - hope you can post some photos at the end of it all.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 9:10 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic adventure
Good luck with it !
Gillian
Old Aug 27th 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road

can you supply some details of the sailing course......good luck on that epic journey......sudds
Old Aug 27th 2005, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sudds
can you supply some details of the sailing course......good luck on that epic journey......sudds
I am sailing with Flying Fish, www.flyingfishonline.com. If you need more info let me know.
storerg
Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Laters storerg

Wow!!! Way to go Storerg! I'm sickly jealous. We love travelling and have been to lots of places off the beaten track, but we never quite made the Trans-Siberian, which was on my list of todos. Oh well ....one day. But not until I've got my Ozzie citizenship. Plus we want to spend time travelling off the beaten track in Oz at some stage. Will definitely love to hear how you find your trans-siberian, so keep us posted.

What will you eventually land up doing in Oz? Sounds like you're destined to become a sailing instructor! Best of luck btw.

Netta

W
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone,
Here is just a quick update for you.

Left the UK on 1st September to Moscow. So have been on the roiad now for just over the month. Am currently in Chengdu, China near the Panda Breeding Centre, it is amazing.

Only 19 days, and counting, untill I land in Cairns!!

Laters
storerg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.