Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG forgot to tell you, Polly did us proud

OMG forgot to tell you, Polly did us proud

Old Mar 8th 2004, 9:29 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation OMG forgot to tell you, Polly did us proud

At the grand prix, she won an award for the best marshalling team!!
I took some phots of her recieving the award, but they were crap, due to me having to stand on a very wibbily chair to be able to see
WELL DONE POLL xxxxxx
Old Mar 8th 2004, 9:30 pm
WBB

Default Re: OMG forgot to tell you, Polly did us proud

Originally posted by hevs
At the grand prix, she won an award for the best marshalling team!!
I took some phots of her recieving the award, but they were crap, due to me having to stand on a very wibbily chair to be able to see
WELL DONE POLL xxxxxx
well done polly.

lets see the pics then.

Old Mar 8th 2004, 9:33 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Pollyana

:PARTY:

Suspect you might be asked back next time
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:16 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, but was it the chair or you that was wobbly(don't think it was the chair somehow)?
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Bloke can't talk, he had a few himself, and was spotted boogying on the dance floor with hevs several times throughout the evening!

Quite a surprise to get an award I must say, apparently we worked really well as a team. Made the sore feet worthwhile anyway!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:03 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your award Pollyana!!! Well done!

Hevs...you and I both know it wasn't the chair's fault.....
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Well done Polly! Shame we can't see the photos, but I am sure you did us proud.

p.s. How was the Honeymoon?? Did you see much of the Grand Prix!!!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:09 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the Grand Prix was carefully organised so that we were on different points (hence my team won an award, and The Bloke's didn't! tee hee ) so we spent most of the day apart..... having said that, The Bloke did ask his point chief if he could come down and join me! Ahhhhhhh!!!
So we had to make up for it in the evenings! One spent at Hev's having a riotous bbq, one spent down at St Kilda beach in the bar where we first got to know each other 3 years ago (this is getting very soppy!), then a few early nights during the race meeting(Thurs-Sun). Sunday night there was a party for all the officials and their specially chosen guests (free food and drink, Hevs and Badge were there like a shot!).
Slightly unconventional honeymoon, but great fun, and very appropriate as we met when we were both in Melbourne for the race in 2001.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:55 am
Badge

Originally posted by Pollyana Sunday night there was a party for all the officials and their specially chosen guests (free food and drink, Hevs and Badge were there like a shot!). .
And at the party, Hevs turned out to be a stand in for Olivia Newton-John. She knows all the words and EXACT actions to 'Greased Lightning', 'Summer Nights', yadda yadda and led all the dancin' like the pro she is..what a rock chick! Pollyanna knows the 7th verse, or something, to 'Summer of '69' so she was equally impressive. Me - I did my bit for Anglo-Australian relations.

And at the end we all did a group hug. How good were we?

Badge

Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:00 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
And at the party, Hevs turned out to be a stand in for Olivia Newton-John. She knows all the words and EXACT actions to 'Greased Lightning', 'Summer Nights', yadda yadda and led all the dancin' like the pro she is..what a rock chick! Pollyanna knows the 7th verse, or something, to 'Summer of '69' so she was equally impressive. Me - I did my bit for Anglo-Australian relations.

And at the end we all did a group hug. How good were we?

Badge
This chick likes a bit of rock, it has to be said

As for Badge, he got himself, and all the expats in the S/E burbs invited to a barbie!!!
You e mailed em yet Badge, can't take you anywhere
Old Mar 13th 2004, 12:21 am
Home and Happy

Have to say, I went out last night after work for a guy's retirement do......there was me thinking Hooray, party time! But no, we all trooped up the road to the local bar, and then sat very sedately round two long tables, talking politely about work and eating some small nibbles. The guys were quite worried about me drinking Cascade Premium, cos they thought it might be too strong for me, and the rule semed to be that you could only put two little bites of food on your plate at any one time.........

For the first time in my life I left while the party was still in full swing (after only an hour in fact!)........made me appreciate last weekend even more! Get me back to the rock music and the non-stop booze!

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 13th 2004 at 12:23 am.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 12:25 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Have to say, I went out last night after work for a guy's retirement do......there was me thinking Hooray, party time! But no, we all trooped up the road to the local bar, and then sat very sedately round two long tables, talking politely about work and eating some small nibbles. The guys were quite worried about me drinking Cascade Premium, cos they thought it might be too strong for me, and the rule semed to be that you could only but two little bites of food on your plate at any one time.........

For the first time in my life I left while the party was still in full swing (after only an hour in fact!)........made me appreciate last weekend even more! Get me back to the rock music and the non-stop booze!
Oh Polly what a let down!!!!!!!! you should've let your hair down an livened things up a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would've given them something to talk about!
Old Mar 13th 2004, 12:52 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by Pollyana
Have to say, I went out last night after work for a guy's retirement do......there was me thinking Hooray, party time! But no, we all trooped up the road to the local bar, and then sat very sedately round two long tables, talking politely about work and eating some small nibbles. The guys were quite worried about me drinking Cascade Premium, cos they thought it might be too strong for me, and the rule semed to be that you could only put two little bites of food on your plate at any one time.........

The word retirement should have been a dead give away poll
As for the two bites rule, thats what i had in mind for my barbie, but you hoons trashed it
Old Mar 13th 2004, 5:28 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Hi Pollyanna, Tinaj and Badgers

Great to see you on the threads again. Glad everything went well for the wedding and the honeymoon sounded crazy Jealous of you at the formula 1 I must say wish we were there.
How are you ALL getting settled life has been one long DIY for us - except a short cruise to Hong Kong in the middle - back now to lawn mowing - tree transplanting and painting everything in sight.
Again congratulations Polyy and Hevs When is there a get together?????? and where