Omg!!

Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Omg!!

Well any of you who know me, or read my boring posts ...lol, will know I want to go to Oz to study.

I'm trying to look into a future career too, as well as obtain PR.

PR is the MAIN goal tho!

I have considered Motor Mechanic, and also Accountant. The latest is Hairdresser :scared:

Crazy thing is now my partner is also considering studying too (wants a career change as well as me!) BUT!!! ......... I have just read this in the Code of Conduct :

:scared: :scared:

Now SHE might be ok in complying with this, but I like my makeup a bit rugged personally!

Hmmmm, always a problem!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:25 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Omg!!

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Well any of you who know me, or read my boring posts ...lol, will know I want to go to Oz to study.

PR is the MAIN goal tho!

I have considered Motor Mechanic, and also Accountant. The latest is Hairdresser :scared:

Crazy thing is now my partner is also considering studying too (wants a career change as well as me!) BUT!!! ......... I have just read this in the Code of Conduct :

Now SHE might be ok in complying with this, but I like my makeup a bit rugged personally!

Hmmmm, always a problem!
You wouldn't be the first male hairdresser to wear a bit of eyeliner I assure you
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:15 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hey Jim
Maybe just a touch of shiny lip gloss to match your glossy locks and you can wipe it off when you leave the salon, if you like, HeHe
I like your style your not going to give in yet are you, good for you
keep us all posted Jim

Carole

Originally Posted by Jim2004

PR is the MAIN goal tho!

Hmmmm, always a problem!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hey Jim
Maybe just a touch of shiny lip gloss to match your glossy locks and you can wipe it off when you leave the salon, if you like, HeHe
I like your style your not going to give in yet are you, good for you
keep us all posted Jim

Carole
Ahhhh, problems with that sorry. The gloss I use is of the 'long stay' variety, it would take hours to wear off

The normal stuff brings my lips out in cold sores so I have to be careful ...lol

Thanks Carole
Old Apr 5th 2005, 1:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Jim, you seem pretty desperatre to move to Australia, without trawling through previous threads, can I ask you - have you been here before?
Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by renth
Jim, you seem pretty desperatre to move to Australia, without trawling through previous threads, can I ask you - have you been here before?
Renth, No, but was half way thru typing up a mother of a reply justifying myslef as I knew this question was coming from someone ...lol, but something has come up and I will reply tomorrow, DEF!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by renth
Now I WAS gonna post a massive reply justifying myself, but at the end of the day I don't need to do that, so the simple answer is no.

We WILL visit Oz (Gold Coast prob) in May/June for a holiday / look around etc. I'm happy to move to Oz blind, but my partner wants to 'just make sure', which I spose does make sense really.

I know enough about Australia, which admittedly isn't a lot! but IS enough to know it's the right place.

Briefly:

Health reasons

Weather

People

Kids chances in life

change of career's (ok, can do this anywhere! but is part of it)

Dolphins (my daughters contribution ...lol)

Live near the beach, and actually have decent weather too!

Meet Huntsman (lol, ok maybe not!)

Oh I know you've heard it all before, but I CAN elaborate on any of those if you so desire!

At the end of the day, both myself and partner have often said in as long as we can remember, we have NEVER not got on with a single Aussie we've ever met! Ok, what with bad apples and all that, we've been lucky, but I drive a cab round London and work nights. I will have 4/5 fares per night as an average which will be Aussies / Kiwi's, and I've never fell out with any of them, not even a heated debate!

Gotta say, I do feel sorry for them cos as soon as I hear the Aussie accent, it's all over! ...lol. I'll be off with my questions! ...lol, but they are ALL happy to help and tell me about life in Oz.

I've never met one who didn't tell me my kids (as well as me!) will LOVE Australia! once mentioned I have kids, and their ages.

I've met Aussies who are on holiday, studying, live here permanently etc etc.

Best thing I heard from one of them was the other day, been living in London for 2 months, originally from Perth I think.

I will quote him:

"What I've learnt in such a short time about Aus compared the UK is, in the UK (London especially!) you NEED a lot of money to have fun, do things, get by. The diff with Australia is you CAN still have fun, do things, get by on a modest wage!"

The weather DOES open up opportunities, so does the beach. You don't need money to take the kids to the beach for the day, but in the UK, a day out to Brighton Beach just don't seem the same as all those piccies of Main Beach etc ...lol

As I say there's loads of other reasons, throw into that the old cliché about 'fed up with the UK' and there you go!