Omg !!!!!

Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Default Omg !!!!!

We have booked our flights for the 30th October with the intention of my Husband returning to the UK to finalise the house sale and packing whilst I stayed in Oz with the four kids.

House went on the market on Friday, had four viewings over the weekend and an offer on Monday (Which we have accepted) from a woman who is heavily pregnant and has sold there property who will be homeless in two weeks !!!

The surveyor rang yesterday afternoon and will do the survey today !!

The lady is asking to complete ASAP preferably in the next few weeks. I have contacted ebookers regarding bringing the flights forward, but they want £600 to do that.

We haven't arranged any shipping / bank accounts etc as I thought we had loads of time.

Looks like we will all be sleeping in a tent in my mums back garden - still I am not moaning especially if the house sale goes through without hassle.

I just feel sick that the reality of it all has just hit me.

Jacquie
Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Omg !!!!!

Originally Posted by jwinch
We have booked our flights for the 30th October with the intention of my Husband returning to the UK to finalise the house sale and packing whilst I stayed in Oz with the four kids.

House went on the market on Friday, had four viewings over the weekend and an offer on Monday (Which we have accepted) from a woman who is heavily pregnant and has sold there property who will be homeless in two weeks !!!

The surveyor rang yesterday afternoon and will do the survey today !!

The lady is asking to complete ASAP preferably in the next few weeks. I have contacted ebookers regarding bringing the flights forward, but they want £600 to do that.

We haven't arranged any shipping / bank accounts etc as I thought we had loads of time.

Looks like we will all be sleeping in a tent in my mums back garden - still I am not moaning especially if the house sale goes through without hassle.

I just feel sick that the reality of it all has just hit me.

Jacquie
Well! Congrats on a quick house sale.

We put ours on the market last week, have had 7 viewings and one offer.

More looking around tonight and at the weekend. I'm also thinking we have have loads of time to organise things....but you don't know what's around the corner.
We're flying to Melbourne in December for our daughter's wedding, whether we have the PR or not. Fingers crossed for everything to work out timing wise.

Good luck with everything.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Wow Jacquie,
sounds like things are really moving for you, we leave in exactly 4 weeks time but i still don't think the reality has actually hit me yet of what we are doing! We had the survey done yesterday on our bungalow and hopefully we will complete on the 27th August, then stay with the outlaws for a few days!! Its our leaving party on Friday and i'm not intending wearing mascara!
best of luck to you
Rach xxxx
Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
OMG indeed

Looks like the stars have shone on you - enjoy your luck and go with it - so many others would love to be in your position!

Tent or not better to sell quickly than be waiting for ages

Things can be sorted out fairly quickly once you know what you are doing - so dont worry - just start packing

Enjoy the experience = will be great to look back on.

Cheers
b da b
Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:17 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi
OMG indeed

Looks like the stars have shone on you - enjoy your luck and go with it - so many others would love to be in your position!

Tent or not better to sell quickly than be waiting for ages

Things can be sorted out fairly quickly once you know what you are doing - so dont worry - just start packing

Enjoy the experience = will be great to look back on.

Cheers
b da b
I agree with Bix

Go with the flow you are indeed one of the lucky ones

Go go go

Walla
Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:32 pm
Graceyg

graceyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Omg !!!!!

Commonwealth bank , you can download and print forms from website fill em in and send them to london with yr ID, they will open an account in less than a week.

Don't worry about everything, we had pretty much the same. Hubby got a sponsor so everything had to be done in approx 6 weeks, we move out friday, we havee to stay with my parents doh! but we fly 1st September 10AM.

Everything happens 4 a reason, enjoy it and go with it!

Good luck with everything
Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done on an extra speedy house sale..............everything will get sorted, it always does...............don't worry, be happy...la la...la...lalala...la..la.la

Good luck in your new life!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:51 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly congrats on the house sale

westpac bank u can do online, all you need to do is go to your branch with ID and u get all your stuff

with regards removals........Pickfords told me that they can arrange shipping within 10-14 days if needs be

Hope this helps and good luck

What part of Aussie you heading too?