Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG 1 Year down the line

OMG 1 Year down the line

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default OMG 1 Year down the line

God didn't think i would still be here 1 year on, The first 5 months was not a great time, bearable but not great, was not overally homesick missed the things like family and friends, but must admit i have found some crackers of friends here.
We never got off to a good start, Kevs (hubbie) brother has lived out here for 18 years so with hubbie working offshore could pick anywhere in oz to live but settled on Brisbane to be close to his brother, but low and behold they never really hit it off and there was arguments and so forth, but now 1 year on they are building bridges and are getting close again (thank god).
My mother and father in law moved over 3 month ago so that is real good, just need my mum and dad out here for good, they are due out again in Nov for 6 months.
We were gonna wait until our 2 years were up before we decided on buying a house but felt like renting was dead money so we took the plunge and bought a nice house in Wellington point with a pool, waht more do we need, hubbie has been banging screws and nails into everything cause he can.
Never say never but i don't miss the u.k at all now, waiting for it all to suddenly come to a head and feel the urge to go home but not happening yet.
Must admit the downsides are i am still moaning about is the heat sometimes its too much and the humidity is a killer, but don't know if i could go back to pissing with rain and freezing everday, so i aint moaning too much about it.

Heres to another great year.
Suzanne
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG 1 Year down the line

Good luck with the 2nd year.

Ian
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG 1 Year down the line

Must admit the downsides are i am still moaning about is the heat sometimes its too much and the humidity is a killer, but don't know if i could go back to pissing with rain and freezing everday, so i aint moaning too much about it.

Heres to another great year.
Suzanne[/QUOTE]

Just to cheer you up (?), I've been here since 1966 and still dislike the heat and humidity, but recon it's a small price to pay for the greart life I have.