Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Older suburb with Acreage real close to Brisbane?

Older suburb with Acreage real close to Brisbane?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:16 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Older suburb with Acreage real close to Brisbane?

.....oh and zoned for a good State High School

Does such a combination exist? Just looking for some suggestions to pop in to the 'Real Estate' search engine....and maybe have a drive by

This is realistically our last chance to move before the eldest goes to High School.....If I don't at least look I will always be wondering if we got the best location for us.

Thanks if you can help
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:29 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Older suburb with Acreage real close to Brisbane?

Originally Posted by Jan4kids

Does such a combination exist? Just looking for some suggestions to pop in to the 'Real Estate' search engine....and maybe have a drive by

This is realistically our last chance to move before the eldest goes to High School.....If I don't at least look I will always be wondering if we got the best location for us.

Thanks if you can help
Gumdale is very nice if you can afford it.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:41 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh Thanks for that......I will go and scare myself with the prices now

Anyone else have any suggestions please?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks if you can help
Western subs; Moggill, Anstead, Pinjarra Hills, Brookfield all serviced by Kenmore State High School, but not all that close to Brisbane.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:47 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

There are one or two acreage properties around the edge of The Gap (satisfies all your requirements) - but there arent many of them, and when they come up for sale they'll go quick and cost a LOT!

This one looks nice - but it could be in the "if you have to ask - you cant afford it" range!!!
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1236746897
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:48 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1236750376

I suggest your sitting down when you open the link.

Originally Posted by kelli28
Gumdale is very nice if you can afford it.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks if you can help
How close to Brisbane do you want? Is public transport (train/bus) important? And what is the minimum size you're thinking of? Do you want the land for gardening, fruit trees, or horse, or just space/distance from neighbour? Flat land or would you mind hilly acreages? And more importantly what is the price range?

Mrs JTL
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1236750376

I suggest your sitting down when you open the link.
That is fab. I love that and to be honest, whilst there's no way I could afford it, it looks like a really reasonable price for what you get.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks if you can help
Hi, if you can be a bit more specific it would really help. How far is too far? What sort of price are you looking at?

Eg Chandler - crappy 3 bed home, tiny kitchen, small living area, 1 bathroom plus pool, 1.5 acres - $850K+

15 mins further away from Brissy

Thornlands - decent 4 bed home, 2 large living area, plus kitchen diner, 3 bathrooms, pool, 1 acre - $665K

BIG difference!!!

Rudi
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:18 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

When I am in Brisbane I stay at my family's house at Brookfield.

Its nice, the acreages are nice. Its less than 1/2 hr to the city which is pretty close for here. Traffic is s**T in the morning - drives me nuts. If you leave before 7 its ok. They are trying to improve the road in and out.

The primary school at chapel hill is absolutely lovely. perfect in fact. Kenmore High has mixed reviews but is considered a really good state school. Most people at Brookfield don't tend to go state hence perhaps the mixed reviews

People are quite stuck up until you know them, then they are very nice. Quite desperate housewives on the huntingdon estate actually, I find it quite funny. Its lovely on halloween though they do proper trick and treating and hundreds of kids go around and the houses get decorated etc

Vivienne
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:20 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudi
Thornlands - decent 4 bed home, 2 large living area, plus kitchen diner, 3 bathrooms, pool, 1 acre - $665K

BIG difference!!!

Rudi
One acre in Brookfield - lots!

http://www.brookfieldagencies.com.au/search.asp?c=1
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:22 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That is fab. I love that and to be honest, whilst there's no way I could afford it, it looks like a really reasonable price for what you get.
I thought that it seemed very reasonable too, i know someone that sold up there a couple of yrs ago for 3 Mil.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

scamp1976 is on a distinguished road

Makes you wonder how many millionaires there must be in Australia ( on a 50.000 p.a. income that is ).