British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Old age pensioners in street battle in Brisbane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/old-age-pensioners-street-battle-brisbane-118388/)

pommiesheila Nov 21st 2002 3:49 am

Old age pensioners in street battle in Brisbane

Ha! Ha! Thought that'd get you lot reading this.. Just to say I'm becoming a little bored with all the posts quoting newspaper articles about crime, etc. verbatim reports taken in isolation to try and prove a point about how bad things are don't serve any purpose - we can all read the papers - can't we cut these things out of these boards???

pommie bastard Nov 21st 2002 5:27 am

Re: Old age pensioners in street battle in Brisbane

Originally posted by pommiesheila
Ha! Ha! Thought that'd get you lot reading this.. Just to say I'm becoming a little bored with all the posts quoting newspaper articles about crime, etc. verbatim reports taken in isolation to try and prove a point about how bad things are don't serve any purpose - we can all read the papers - can't we cut these things out of these boards???

Come on whats wrong with a little newpaper bull , it gets the ball rolling and I demand you produce your fighting oldies.:D :cool: :beer:

Kath Nov 21st 2002 9:08 am

Good one - certainly got my attention!

susmac Nov 21st 2002 4:06 pm

Nice one
I only looked as I was afraid it might have been the mother and father in law and I know the were on the bevvy last night at Greenbank RSL
Susan

Gareth W Nov 24th 2002 11:21 am

Ha ha !

I actually once saw several OAP's invade the pitch at a Rugby League game. It was about 10 years ago and the referee was chased off the pitch after a particularly bizarre display of officialling (is that a word ?)

Given that most of the hooligan element were well into their 60's and 70's - he was able to outpace them and escape unharmed.

peewee13 Nov 24th 2002 12:40 pm

It wasn't Brisbane it was Surfer's and it wasn't widely reported but some teenager's there for schoolies week spiked the urns of tea in a bingo hall with ecstasy. Due to the reaction of the ecstasy and their routine medication, many of the old dears had severe psychotic episodes, roaming the streets in packs, hunting down people with their zimmer frames. I'm surprised you heard about it, as it was supposed to be hushed up.

dpr21 Nov 24th 2002 11:42 pm

[i] ...........roaming the streets in packs, hunting down people with their zimmer frames. I'm surprised you heard about it, as it was supposed to be hushed up.
In some hands a Zimmer frame is a weapon of mass destruction.