Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ok your Singapore hotel recommendations please!!?

Wikiposts

Ok your Singapore hotel recommendations please!!?

Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:19 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok your Singapore hotel recommendations please!!?

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi,

I have done a search on this and a few names have cropped up but nothing recent - as we just got our visas granted we will be booking our flights (more than likely with Emirates from Glasgow) with a stopover in Singapore (as we have been to Dubai before) sometime next week.

As we are a young couple, no kids we want something decent (at least 4 *)
But still reasonably affordable - The Raffles is probably out of our budget although the Raffles Plaza hotel on trailfinders appears cheaper than the original raffles hotel directly opposite it.

I have done Google search and looked at reviews but would love to get any of YOUR recommendations and experiences - you want a bit of luxury when you are only there few nights, and a central location to get the most out of the short break.

Thanks Lynn
Stopped at the Traders Hotel, really nice.

http://www.shangri-la.com/singapore/traders/en/

Easy short walk to Orchard Road (a couple of mins) Do yourself a favour and up-grade to the Executive floors. I think this applies to most decent hotels in Singapore. For a little extra per night, you will get a better room with access to a 'private' executive (style) restaurant (usually high up with great views) where you will get Free breakfast (well, it's in the upgrade price) and free drinks (wine, beer, spirits etc) and Dim Sum plus lots more every day from 4pm(ish) to 6pm(ish). If you work out the price of breakfast, the upgrade will look good value. Tell the hotel in advance your on Honeymoon and you'll probably get a free upgrade. We were on honeymoon on the way home from Oz and we got an amazing suite with 2 luxury bedrooms, lounge/sitting room complete with Hi Fi, DVD, VCR, BIG TV, 2 bathrooms etc etc.
Cheers!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:15 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Well as 'Amanda76' says I am in Singapore right now and I finally decided on staying in 'Raffles the plaza' hotel.

It is such a fantastic hotel - we read reviews on Tripadvisor.com first and based on that decided to book a premier deluxe room in the South Tower - the South tower has underwent multi million pound refurbishment whereas the north tower (that contains the standard rooms hasn't). The North tower gets mixed reviews whereas the South gets great reviews.

The service is first-class, the decor in the room luxurious - with a double bath and monsoon shower - luxury Raffles spa toiletries. Great city views - even nicer at night time and its in a great location - ok not on Orchard road but to me its a nicer area and near to many of the great shopping centres and sights.

Will post some pics later of the room and pool etc.

Lynn
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:13 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Well as 'Amanda76' says I am in Singapore right now and I finally decided on staying in 'Raffles the plaza' hotel.

It is such a fantastic hotel - we read reviews on Tripadvisor.com first and based on that decided to book a premier deluxe room in the South Tower - the South tower has underwent multi million pound refurbishment whereas the north tower (that contains the standard rooms hasn't). The North tower gets mixed reviews whereas the South gets great reviews.

The service is first-class, the decor in the room luxurious - with a double bath and monsoon shower - luxury Raffles spa toiletries. Great city views - even nicer at night time and its in a great location - ok not on Orchard road but to me its a nicer area and near to many of the great shopping centres and sights.

Will post some pics later of the room and pool etc.

Lynn
Ooooo sounds fab Lynn, erm if not too cheeky could you tell us how much its cost you to stay there
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Hi Lynn,
How are you mate?
The hotel sounds fab!!! Hope you're not too tired and your body clock is sorting itself out. Great news that Poppy has arrived safe and sound too!
Keep us posted and see you in 5 weeks!
Claire. x