Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK you 70's Pommy Babes - Retro Choccy time!!!!

OK you 70's Pommy Babes - Retro Choccy time!!!!

Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:23 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OK you 70's Pommy Babes - Retro Choccy time!!!!

Has anyone seen the Retro Choccy bars - TEXAN's anywhere in the UK? Are they going to be brought out in Oz?????

Did they have them in Oz in the 70's - "A mans gotta chew what a mans gotta chew!"????

I have seen them advertised but not seen them in the shops, used to love em!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK you 70's Pommy Babes - Retro Choccy time!!!!

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Has anyone seen the Retro Choccy bars - TEXAN's anywhere in the UK? Are they going to be brought out in Oz?????

Did they have them in Oz in the 70's - "A mans gotta chew what a mans gotta chew!"????

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ginaf
WOW!!!!!
Mint Cracknell.............I used to love that....before Tim Tams!
Elfin
x
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by ginaf
Tis heaven, nice one
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfin
WOW!!!!!
Mint Cracknell.............I used to love that....before Tim Tams!
Elfin
x
I don't like tim tams , I like peppermint mojo's I remember when you could buy them for 1/2p (half a pence).
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Texan Bars - Are they not just being brought in Oz now for the first time?

Along with Stripers
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was just me. I have been known to mention Texan bars in the past when people had discuddes long gone sweets. Hardly anybody ever seems to remember them, but I used to love them.

Funny you should mention them as I went to fill up the car yesterday in the local petrol station (BP I think) and there they were on offer 3 for a quid . Not seen them since I was a kid (many years ago ) and didnt know they were being manufactured again. Anyway I bought 3 and was dead excited but they just didnt taste the same as I remembered .

Good to see you back Merlotsmum

Tracey
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:47 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

hubbie rang me up a few weeks back, really excited...."i've got something for you when i get home!!!!"......mmm, i thought, flowers, jewellery, i wonder what?

3 bloody texan bars!!! :scared:
i didnt even try them...he was sssoooo excited, but a bit miffed, as he said they didnt taste the same - poor man

dont we lead exciting lives
Old Sep 14th 2005, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hubbie rang me up a few weeks back, really excited...."i've got something for you when i get home!!!!"......mmm, i thought, flowers, jewellery, i wonder what?

3 bloody texan bars!!! :scared:
i didnt even try them...he was sssoooo excited, but a bit miffed, as he said they didnt taste the same - poor man

dont we lead exciting lives
OOH ! Texans ........ i do remember the ad on telly , and i remember buying them as a kid , but cant remember what they had inside them ... was it just toffee... it,s driving me mad , put me out of my misery ...please

mm mm..... and mojo,s , loved them Does anyone remember Smax... used to buy them from the tuck shop at school ...Chicken , salt & Vinegar and Smokey bacon .....the most delicious "crispy" things ever
Michelle ( waiting for my dinner to cook ...and very hungry )
Old Sep 14th 2005, 5:56 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lelchelle
OOH ! Texans ........ i do remember the ad on telly , and i remember buying them as a kid , but cant remember what they had inside them ... was it just toffee... it,s driving me mad , put me out of my misery ...please

mm mm..... and mojo,s , loved them Does anyone remember Smax... used to buy them from the tuck shop at school ...Chicken , salt & Vinegar and Smokey bacon .....the most delicious "crispy" things ever
Michelle ( waiting for my dinner to cook ...and very hungry )
it was/is nougat. or as they said 'nooogarrr'

"eh, gringo, one last request?"

lots of injuns running around, who then get bored because the texan bar takes too long to eat.

"texan bar, takes a looonnng time a-chewin"

.........or something like that!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
it was/is nougat. or as they said 'nooogarrr'

"eh, gringo, one last request?"

lots of injuns running around, who then get bored because the texan bar takes too long to eat.

"texan bar, takes a looonnng time a-chewin"

.........or something like that!
LOL......thanks for that ...like i said would have drove me mad !!!
Blimey what a good memory you,ve got ...
hey ho happy days
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Texan Bars - Are they not just being brought in Oz now for the first time?

Along with Stripers
PMSL
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I thought it was just me. I have been known to mention Texan bars in the past when people had discuddes long gone sweets. Hardly anybody ever seems to remember them, but I used to love them.

Funny you should mention them as I went to fill up the car yesterday in the local petrol station (BP I think) and there they were on offer 3 for a quid . Not seen them since I was a kid (many years ago ) and didnt know they were being manufactured again. Anyway I bought 3 and was dead excited but they just didnt taste the same as I remembered .

Good to see you back Merlotsmum

Tracey
Had that feeling they would not taste the same - bring back Spangles!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Heathertoes will become famous soon enoughHeathertoes will become famous soon enough

Had that feeling they would not taste the same - bring back Spangles!!!!

I am sure that I read somewhere that they did not that long ago - but didn't go down very well.

But what about the minty chewy squares the size of an Opal Fruit - they were white and green stripes....someone must remember the name....
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Heathertoes
I am sure that I read somewhere that they did not that long ago - but didn't go down very well.

But what about the minty chewy squares the size of an Opal Fruit - they were white and green stripes....someone must remember the name....
Flippin heck, my Nan used to force feed me those, very sickly after two . . . racking my brains to think of the name!

Shame about Spangles, it was the 70's wrappers that did the trick!

Just about to check out

http://tv.cream.org/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.