Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK, who recommended DHL????

Wikiposts

OK, who recommended DHL????

Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:24 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Angry OK, who recommended DHL????

All I can say is why me? I took my docs to DHL on Saturday so that they can be sent to my agent in Sydney. All was going great until the package reached Heathrow. Somehow at Heathrow my package was redirected to East Midlands airport so that it can continue its journey to Guernsey. I'm sure you are thinking exactly the same as me. What is it doing going to Guernsey? That is something no one can tell me. When I called back with the address for Sydney, apparently they didn't have this, I was then told that it may or may not be my things at the wrong airport. They wanted to know if I'd sent them from, wait for it... Mauritius. How bad can things get, lol. I have now been reassured that someone will look into this tomorrow. Stressed out or what...
I will keep you posted.

Sarah
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:24 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, who recommended DHL????

Originally posted by teach
All I can say is why me? I took my docs to DHL on Saturday so that they can be sent to my agent in Sydney. All was going great until the package reached Heathrow. Somehow at Heathrow my package was redirected to East Midlands airport so that it can continue its journey to Guernsey. I'm sure you are thinking exactly the same as me. What is it doing going to Guernsey? That is something no one can tell me. When I called back with the address for Sydney, apparently they didn't have this, I was then told that it may or may not be my things at the wrong airport. They wanted to know if I'd sent them from, wait for it... Mauritius. How bad can things get, lol. I have now been reassured that someone will look into this tomorrow. Stressed out or what...
I will keep you posted.

Sarah
I'm glad I didn't recommend them. I'd be running for cover right now :scared:
Give 'em hell and get it sorted!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

OMG Sarah! this is so weird, at work we employed DHL to take a very important document to France to be signed then to come back, they collected it on Thursday and have since lost it! The documents were mortgage deeds so that an exchange could take place!
bloody hope that they find em for you mate
hugs
rach xxx
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:34 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Rach,

I blinking hope they find them, haven't dared tell Andrew yet. tick tock. Not long now Rach.
Hugs
Sarah

wmoore,
Boy did they get h*ll from me today. Didn't get me very far though, lol. Hope tomorrow will be better.

Regards
Sarah
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:52 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I will keep you posted.

Sarah
Demand a full refund as they didn't provide the service you paid for. We sent everything by 'Registered Sign For Mail' and all went OK and a fraction of the cost of DHL.

I hope they get your package tomorrow and it gets to Sydney soon.

Good luck !
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:09 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

And don't forget - there's a Sydney in Nova Scotia! <g>

Hope not, though.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:17 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Seen that the search function works on this site - yeah I recommended them -sorryyyyyy

But like Rog said there is a Sydney in Canada- I remember the time I recommended booking the flights through the internet.It WAS agood deal Heathrow to Sydney So moral of the story best get the ***** ups out of the way now.

p.s have that list of stock tips will PM them to you
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:14 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Have made them quite aware that it is Sydney Australia. Just had a check, looks like my package is on the move again. Let's hope they get it right this time.

Sarah
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:27 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I will keep you posted.

Sarah
Hey Teach

May have been me (among others!!) We used them with no probs, glad to see they're on the move again.

Walla
Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to admit, our doctor used them to send our meds to Adelaide and they were there in 2 days so cannot fault them personally.

I'm sure they'll arrive safely eventually. I'd deffinately demand a full refund though. The service isn't fit for the purpose it was sold.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:43 am
Loving it in Bundy

Have someone personally tracking their progress now. She called me about 10am this morning to update me and will call me again everyday until the package is signed for. Am holding off asking for a refund at the moment. I'm waiting until they arrive at their destination. Hopefully there won't be anymore c**k ups.

Sarah
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Steve58 is an unknown quantity at this point

No complaints with DHL, we used them to deliver our visa application. Posted it on a Friday morning, it arrived at Adeleide on the Monday morning.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

John & Maggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trackings just a gimmick

Our first package did a UK tour before arriving in Sydney. When we rang up and played hell with DHL they told us the tracking goes off the container NOT your package so if the container goes to New York... Manchester.... london... Paris then that's what will show up on your tracking. Ours got there after 5 days but the tracking does scare the hell out of you.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:17 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by seang
Seen that the search function works on this site - yeah I recommended them -sorryyyyyy

But like Rog said there is a Sydney in Canada- I remember the time I recommended booking the flights through the internet.It WAS agood deal Heathrow to Sydney So moral of the story best get the ***** ups out of the way now.

p.s have that list of stock tips will PM them to you

I remember that story, still makes me smile

No good for you though Teach, hope it works out for you.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:48 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally posted by Steve58
No complaints with DHL, we used them to deliver our visa application. Posted it on a Friday morning, it arrived at Adeleide on the Monday morning.

Gee, thanks for that Steve. You sure know how to make someone feel good, lol.
Sarah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.