Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK, who ordered the storm?

OK, who ordered the storm?

Old Dec 25th 2005, 5:26 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OK, who ordered the storm?

Come on Christmas day and all that... who ordered for a storm? One of ya must av. A bloody storm on xmas day. There goes my plans for a naked bbq tonite

Oh well, here it comes, one bugger of a storm...

Good luck everyone

ADL
Old Dec 25th 2005, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OK, who ordered the storm?

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Come on Christmas day and all that... who ordered for a storm? One of ya must av. A bloody storm on xmas day. There goes my plans for a naked bbq tonite

Oh well, here it comes, one bugger of a storm...

Good luck everyone

ADL
The severe storm warning http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html looks like it could be a white Christmas!

WW
Old Dec 25th 2005, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
The severe storm warning http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html looks like it could be a white Christmas!

WW

Yeah, if you're not killed by golf ball sized hailstones,

Go kiddies run, enjoy, play in the snow!!! Oh woooops
Old Dec 25th 2005, 6:07 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we have had our duck and decided not to the bbq thing so que storm asap and sure enough here it is... .

So far despite being in the direct line twice it has gone round redcliffe twice and QLD are behind on their 5pm forecast. They must be on daylight saving time. As 5.06 and no update.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 6:42 am

Its weird, I'm sure somewhere is getting a terrible beating. I can hear it, but its not even raining here now
Old Dec 25th 2005, 6:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Its weird, I'm sure somewhere is getting a terrible beating. I can hear it, but its not even raining here now
It's not down this end, bit of rain but lots of thunder and lightning - imagine QI scored a few hits. Sodding timing though, we chilled out until about 4ish and decided to get down to the beach, got there, kept second born on towel and not moving so not to get bandages wet or sandy. Hubby and first born get in the water and the rain comes down

Could almost be the uk outside if it weren't for the fans blowing and the doors open
Old Dec 25th 2005, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Some thunder and lightning here, and a bit of rain, but not as much as I thought. Sitting here looking quite pink as we were on the beach at Raby Bay this morn, caught the best of the day.

Memo to self: Use some bloody sunscreen and stop thinking the sun is like in England!!
Old Dec 25th 2005, 8:53 am

Went to work like a beetroot after the lagoon, don't think I could have faced beach today.... ... factor 30 seems to be the thing. We didn't get to bed till 2.30am and got up at 6am so tried to watch a movie this morning that I got for xmas and fell asleep after 10 mins. Had to rewatch it on the afternoon.

Went for the chilled around the house option with few glasses of wine but now rehydrating as with the storm over it is hot again.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by paulb
Some thunder and lightning here, and a bit of rain, but not as much as I thought. Sitting here looking quite pink as we were on the beach at Raby Bay this morn, caught the best of the day.

Memo to self: Use some bloody sunscreen and stop thinking the sun is like in England!!

Use some bloody sunscreen and stop thinking the sun is like in England!!

To bloody right, I was just going back and forth to the car today packing stuff, and I'm burnt, gotta watch it.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Use some bloody sunscreen and stop thinking the sun is like in England!!

To bloody right, I was just going back and forth to the car today packing stuff, and I'm burnt, gotta watch it.
I always thought there was only one Sun in this Solar System.

You learn something new every day!

WW
Old Dec 25th 2005, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I always thought there was only one Sun in this Solar System.

You learn something new every day!

WW

Can I be the boring prat for a second and say that its the angle of the sun, and the amount of atmosphere and ozone above Oz thats radically different, giving much more radiation. Therefore english (excuse me British) people get a hell of a shock when they burn in 15 minutes here.

Yes, the humour bypass worked
Old Dec 25th 2005, 8:58 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Christmas day and all that... who ordered for a storm? One of ya must av.
3 guesses who .

BTW, can you PLEASE respond to my PM & send me your address, otherwise your darling daughter will have grown out of the present that shes going to receive from us before she even gets it!
Old Dec 26th 2005, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
3 guesses who .

BTW, can you PLEASE respond to my PM & send me your address, otherwise your darling daughter will have grown out of the present that shes going to receive from us before she even gets it!

Sheesh Like I'm not busy enough. Right the answer to your questions are:

1)13
2)Tony
3) He might be, but he says hes not
4) WD40
5) You're not doing it right, I'll send instructions

See ya

ADL
Old Dec 26th 2005, 5:25 am

I always use factor 30+ but on this particular day was going to work later and led astray by another expat so in the get ready rush forgot the cream, but enjoyed the day.

I'm the one who nags hubby and son re the sun.