Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ok we're definately off!!!!

Ok we're definately off!!!!

Old Jun 21st 2003, 4:41 pm
Geelong October!!!!

Codgob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ok we're definately off!!!!

Off to Geelong in 11 weeks,got the contract, job seems ok,why do I feel so worried,is this normal ,just had a gorgeous Saturday afternoon in the local pubs,sun beating down,friends around,remind me why am I moving!!!
Thanks to jamie for the info on Geelong and thanks for all the postees for the invaluable info,even Wilf and PB it all helps!!
Old Jun 21st 2003, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

ellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ok we're definately off!!!!

Originally posted by Codgob
Off to Geelong in 11 weeks,got the contract, job seems ok,why do I feel so worried,is this normal ,just had a gorgeous Saturday afternoon in the local pubs,sun beating down,friends around,remind me why am I moving!!!
Thanks to jamie for the info on Geelong and thanks for all the postees for the invaluable info,even Wilf and PB it all helps!!
Hi!

We're hoping to go to Geelong too. Hubby is waiting on job offer - keep fingers crossed, we will hear by 1st July.

Wish you lots and lots of luck - Geelong looks great doesn't it?

We have been going through the same sort of worries, I'm sure its only natural.

But we think its a chance in a lifetime - and if you don't go you will always regret it.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Ellen
Old Jun 21st 2003, 9:23 pm
Geelong October!!!!

Not an aviation job in Avalon is it?
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:28 am
Just Joined

ellen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Codgob
Not an aviation job in Avalon is it?
Yes it is. Well you've obviously heard good news, we are still waiting and it is driving us mad. I know someone has had a reject, so perhaps we are on the 'maybe' list? If thats the case, we've just got to hope lots of the 'yeses' turn down the job offer. When did you hear?
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 9:04 am
Geelong October!!!!

About a week ago,out of the five that were offered,two turned it down,all depends what trade your hubby is I suppose,I'm avionics
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 1:20 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Geelong

That's about half a dozen people I know of on this Forum who are heading to (or are already in Geelong) ... we'll be as popular as Perth and Brissie soon!

On which note, last week I was introduced to someone who assists people relocating to Geelong with finding a place to live, schooling, etc. If you'd like her details please send me a PM or an email.

Best regards.