Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ok so who is going over to work for Qantas?

Ok so who is going over to work for Qantas?

Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:32 pm
Deb,Dave&Adam

sunsetsmiler will become famous soon enoughsunsetsmiler will become famous soon enough
Default Ok so who is going over to work for Qantas?

Anyone actually going to admit to it? Come on don't be shy!
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: Ok so who is going over to work for Qantas?

Originally Posted by sunsetsmiler
Anyone actually going to admit to it? Come on don't be shy!
Wouldn't have minded...shame they've had a recruitment freeze on since I arrived in March! That's for ground staff though, and their engineering department offered no joy to Mr Logan either!

From what I can gather, QF staff are as well treated as BA staff...and after 7 years I'd had a gutfull!! Virgin Blue, different kettle of fish though, seems not bad as far as companies go
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:28 pm
Deb,Dave&Adam

sunsetsmiler will become famous soon enoughsunsetsmiler will become famous soon enough

My brother in law has been out there working for Qantas for about 4 months now. He is happy and settled working for them. In fact the whole family have no regrets at all, that includes two teenage girls!! I thought there would be a few more people on the site who were going over to work for Qantas, as they did have two big recruitment drives. Don't worry Logan, I'll have a word for you
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunsetsmiler
My brother in law has been out there working for Qantas for about 4 months now. He is happy and settled working for them. In fact the whole family have no regrets at all, that includes two teenage girls!! I thought there would be a few more people on the site who were going over to work for Qantas, as they did have two big recruitment drives. Don't worry Logan, I'll have a word for you
What does he do? Where does he live? I was an Aircraft Dispatcher for BA at Edinburgh, and my other half was an engineer. He didn't have the right aircraft types for QF and at one point we thought the only option was 4 weeks at a time away in Papua New Guinea!!! Luckily Virgin Blue offered him a position, and it was an upwards move, which meant into the Maintanance Watch office, so the only industrial injury he'll get right now is a paper cut!
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:01 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i thought qantas were trying to reduce the size of the australian workforce, and increase their international operations. they can apparently save money that way.