Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ok so the state of play is.....

Ok so the state of play is.....

Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:58 am
PaulLisaMoores

Default Ok so the state of play is.....

We cannot emigrate under the general skilled worker conditions as my industrial experience is 2 years short of the required 6. My wife is not over enough managers to be classed as sales manager under these conditions also.

I posted asking on possibilities on getting a job before I leave UK(thinking I could perhaps get sponsored) this looks like a no go.

What are the avenues left open to me and the family for fleeing blighty and experiencing a bit of Oz/NZ? Can I/we apply for work permits and stay once we get there?

Really clutching at straws now aint I?

Cheers

Paul & Lisa.

Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

NealMartin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ok so the state of play is.....

I posted asking on possibilities on getting a job before I leave UK(thinking I could perhaps get sponsored) this looks like a no go.

Why do you think getting sponsored is a no go? We appiled for jobs over the internet.......many jobs, and eventually struck lucky with an employer willing to sponsor me. This will be a 4yr long stay business visa. We hope to convert to permanent status using my employer as sponsor under ENS.

Good luck
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Bounce............

Any more for any more!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough

And again!!!!

BUMP BUMP BUMP
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:50 pm
PaulLisaMoores

Default Thank you

At last a chinq of light. Just something to grab hold of. My spirits are lifted

Cheers.

Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you

Originally posted by PaulLisaMoores
At last a chinq of light. Just something to grab hold of. My spirits are lifted

Cheers.
Hi guys, look at this way - there's certainly no harm in applying for jobs you see advertised on the net and seeing what happens is there? Never give up!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:48 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

have you bounced these questions off an agent?

I'm sure either Alan Collett or George Lombard would be willing to answer your initial queries. I asked both of them several questions via email before starting the application process.

Worth a shot, they know the rules inside out.

Cheers

Marko