Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ok, so Perth.. sit down, we need to talk....

Ok, so Perth.. sit down, we need to talk....

Old Apr 29th 2016, 4:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok, so Perth.. sit down, we need to talk....

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Besides I guess you being a Packed for Perth Saffie, going via the long UK route, with few bridges left willing to allow you to cross, you'll just have to round the wagons and hope for the best.
Dream on Herman

I've got a UK passport

Thanks Dad!
Old Apr 29th 2016, 4:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they are but many are not solely reliant to the same extent as Perth for example. Calgary is doing it very tough as well I know. You are right though I have done plenty of research on the matter and Perth is still in the early days of decline. Probably not a third the way through it though.
So,
Is Calgary, a smaller city than Perth, reverting to a backwater?
Is Aberdeen, a smaller city than Perth, reverting to a backwater?

Or is it, in your hater mind, just Perth?

Your answer will be insightful
Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
So,
Is Calgary, a smaller city than Perth, reverting to a backwater?
Is Aberdeen, a smaller city than Perth, reverting to a backwater?

Or is it, in your hater mind, just Perth?

So, I'm afraid I haven't the time nor inclination to fill in all the gaps in your education.

I reserve my commentary to the place I am witnessing the unfolding of the resource boom at ground level.

Yes Calgary is feeling the pinch badly. Worse than Perth I can't size. All resource centres will be hit. WA having too many eggs in the same basket will fare badly.

Don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of perception though. I understand P f P types though understandably prefer denial.

Just maintain the ongoing hands over eyes and fingers firmly lodged in ears scenario on the hope that it will all go away.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Dream on Herman

I've got a UK passport

Thanks Dad!
Herman apparently strikes a cord with you. A former boyfriend perhaps, whose name you can't get out of your head?

Is a UK passport meant to impress? I'm sure you know the name in Afrikaans for those that fled.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm not so sure about that (first hand information). It can be useful, but it's generally only one person's experience whether positive or negative. Even in periods of overall economic woe there are plenty of people doing really well.

Well not always depending on how switched on with finger on pulse of the situation, I'd say.

Where you need to treat with caution are official sources that for obvious reasons wish to talk up the market and situation.

I witnessed as much up north, where the deniers insisted all was tricky boo until the bitter end. Many lost a lot of money in investments.
Housing dropped in rent by 60% in the area I was. Prices followed.

Of course some prosper out of hard times. Others remain un impacted. Plenty of stats around showing less spending, more feelings of job insecurity, lowest wage rises in decades, and the like.

Always good to enter something knowing the facts. Perth was a definite boom town. It is no longer. The wind down continues.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

So, I'm afraid I haven't the time nor inclination to fill in all the gaps in your education.

I reserve my commentary to the place I am witnessing the unfolding of the resource boom at ground level.

Yes Calgary is feeling the pinch badly. Worse than Perth I can't size. All resource centres will be hit. WA having too many eggs in the same basket will fare badly.

Don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of perception though. I understand P f P types though understandably prefer denial.

Just maintain the ongoing hands over eyes and fingers firmly lodged in ears scenario on the hope that it will all go away.
But are Calgary and Aberdeen reverting to backwater status? That's the question I'm asking in response to your claim. If it's happening to Perth, is it also happening to these 2 very similar cities?

Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Herman apparently strikes a cord with you. A former boyfriend perhaps, whose name you can't get out of your head?

Is a UK passport meant to impress? I'm sure you know the name in Afrikaans for those that fled.
I've told you before

Herman the German

Do keep up

You were implying that I had few options because I have an SA passport and I'm telling you that you are ill informed. UK citizenship is a passport of convenience for me - nothing more, nothing less

Hope this helps

Last edited by Amazulu; Apr 29th 2016 at 6:56 am.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But are Calgary and Aberdeen reverting to backwater status? That's the question I'm asking in response to your claim. If it's happening to Perth, is it also happening to these 2 very similar cities?

My answers are always insightful. If you want further information on those cities research them yourself. I stick with where I am and what I know on the ground. Neither those places has any interest to me.

Perth on the other hand, is showing definite signs of returning to branch office status or a return to what could be considered the norm.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've told you before

Herman the German

Do keep up

You were implying that I had few options because I have an SA passport and I'm telling you that you are ill informed. UK citizenship is a passport of convenience for me - nothing more, nothing less

Hope this helps
Your mercenary credentials are well noted. One would expect little more.
Actually I'm very well informed but let that pass. Perhaps your studies will allow you a little more ability to develop an intellectual capacity that will warrant further debate, rather than ideological sound bites?
Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

My answers are always insightful. If you want further information on those cities research them yourself. I stick with where I am and what I know on the ground. Neither those places has any interest to me.

Perth on the other hand, is showing definite signs of returning to branch office status or a return to what could be considered the norm.
So in other words, it's just your hatred of Perth and Australia at work here. Nothing more, nothing less

Thought so Herman
Old May 3rd 2016, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So in other words, it's just your hatred of Perth and Australia at work here. Nothing more, nothing less

Thought so Herman

In other words you remain clueless. I'm all for migration as you'll be aware, but allowing blow in's to take up residence whom pass silly comments on those of us in the know, and are purely here for self gratification , quite willing to leave at a shot, when the nation is shot, following their mercenary tendencies to another part of the world is quite frankly ridiculous.
Old May 3rd 2016, 4:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

In other words you remain clueless. I'm all for migration as you'll be aware, but allowing blow in's to take up residence whom pass silly comments on those of us in the know, and are purely here for self gratification , quite willing to leave at a shot, when the nation is shot, following their mercenary tendencies to another part of the world is quite frankly ridiculous.
And you were a 'blow in' to SA - why the hell did you even move there considering your politics and the fact that you hate the place?

You obviously hate Australia

Leave and go and live in a 'better' place where you will be happy. Life's too short to live somewhere that you don't enjoy
Old May 3rd 2016, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And you were a 'blow in' to SA - why the hell did you even move there considering your politics and the fact that you hate the place?

You obviously hate Australia

Leave and go and live in a 'better' place where you will be happy. Life's too short to live somewhere that you don't enjoy
Well had little choice in the matter first time around. Second time around a bit like you in Australia, to practise being subversive of course.

I'll happily fill in your considerable gaps in knowledge on most issues related to ZA of course. Likewise with GB or Aus.

Your obviously clueless on a lot of the above.
Old May 3rd 2016, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anyway how about returning to subject. That being Perth. This thread has been subverted by trivia of unrelated matters.

Anymore ideas by anyone on where Perth is heading?
Old May 3rd 2016, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway how about returning to subject. That being Perth.
Yah. Would be more than appreciative of that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.