Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:03 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Originally Posted by iPom
OMG! How fast did that go?!!! Obviously not for you but for us ...

Serious K to you Pants... I hope it all goes beautifully.

hello hun

Thanks, I know tell me about it...I hope so too, daft but I am more scared this time round, think it's cos I know the size of that spinal block needle..!!! arghhhhhh
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:05 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pants
You know when I came back I missed Oz and aussie hubby couldn't have given 2 hoots about Oz. Now 2years on I feel settled but we have discussed possibly going back later on in life, certainly not yet.

Tell that hubby of yours to slow down and chill a bit, you don't need to be getting into a state when you are preggers. Do you have a time limit left on getting back to Oz?

No having c-section due to oblique/transverse little mite....in english terms....breech and angled..!! ekkkk alien tummy...!!

Yep hubby will get the 2 brick watery eyes treatment after this..!!

we got 4 and a bit years left to decide mate so like you say, no great rush.

i am being induced because i got a split pelvis - NICE!!!

hubbie has said no fekkin way is he being butchered so i guess its up to me :scared:
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:08 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ

hubbie has said no fekkin way is he being butchered so i guess its up to me :scared:
well I reckon you have time to really sit and think about it hun, why do you want to stay and why does he want to go?

ekkkk you poor babe...!!!!

Butchered my bottom......!! (polite lingo this tuesday)..big girls blouse...!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:10 am

well I reckon you have time to really sit and think about it hun, why do you want to stay and why does he want to go?

im going to write a list mate cos im buggered if i know tbh!!! ill get back to you on that one!!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:14 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

if my husband has mentioned the expense once, he has mentioned it a trillion times. the worst thing is, i have no argument back
I like the 'Money's not everything, but happiness is' argument... but then at the end of the day, you need a little money because none is the cause of great unhappiness.

Why do you think people ping pong then? Because if a person's not happy in one country and not happy in the other, then the real issue, maybe (just throwing this on in there...) is that the problem is within rather than where that person is in the world.... Maybe?

Just hypothesising.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:15 am
Live the moment

im going to write a list mate cos im buggered if i know tbh!!! ill get back to you on that one!!!

swings and roundabouts hun....thats what my list was full of when we got back.

I was down your way back in Aug....cockington village, babbacombe model village etc, we were staying with rellies in Livermead...!! Nice area..!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:16 am
Account Closed

hello hun

Thanks, I know tell me about it...I hope so too, daft but I am more scared this time round, think it's cos I know the size of that spinal block needle..!!! arghhhhhh

Don't focus on the needle sweetie, focus on that delicious warmth spreading through your limbs when it kicks in, and the arrival of your beautiful baby. Oh I'm so excited for you now! <grins manically>
Take lots of pics (well, get your other half to!)
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:18 am
Account Closed

Ouch, you poor lass! Everything crossed for you.

Butchered? Tell him he can come and see me for the vodka and bricks method (and he'll be lucky if he gets the vodka) or he can be a nice bloke and go and have a morning's discomfort.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:21 am
Live the moment

Don't focus on the needle sweetie, focus on that delicious warmth spreading through your limbs when it kicks in, and the arrival of your beautiful baby. Oh I'm so excited for you now! <grins manically>
Take lots of pics (well, get your other half to!)
I will hun, I mean enjoy the arrival of bubs..hubby has already got his "new camera -----for the baby of course"....that was his excuse bless him...!!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:37 am
Live the moment

Why do you think people ping pong then? Because if a person's not happy in one country and not happy in the other, then the real issue, maybe (just throwing this on in there...) is that the problem is within rather than where that person is in the world.... Maybe?

Just hypothesising. [/QUOTE]

Just remember hunny you are chatting to 2 hormonal pregnant women....lol... :scared:

For me I never wanted to get away from the UK for any particular reason. I think as I married an Aussie and he wanted to live back in his country and give us the "better" life, I was happy to give all that a go. I seriously never thought we would move back to the UK.

I loved many things about Oz and still do. When we came back and started living UK life I couldn't help but compare and miss those things that I held dear to my heart in Oz, but as time has passed I have learnt to like certain things about being back here in the UK. I am putting this the simplest way I can....!!I have to consider all my family....with that I mean my little girl and the future of my baby. If I had to come back to a pooh area I am sure I would have been back on a plane quicker than most.

I know one family who came back, in fact the wife was desperate to get back here and within 6months they were back in Oz. She needed to come home and see for herself yet again what she had and what she wanted.!! All that she thought she had missed wasn't that important after all.
Now she is happy as larry back in Oz...and most importantly her kids have a better quality" of life and are able to still be children" alot longer than if they were here. ( her feelings!!)

Who knows eh...all I know is that you have to be happy inside, give things a chance and enjoy lifes adventures.!! and have a few vino's along the way..!!

Right I am of to do boring ironing...keep happy chicks...
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:38 am

swings and roundabouts hun....thats what my list was full of when we got back.

I was down your way back in Aug....cockington village, babbacombe model village etc, we were staying with rellies in Livermead...!! Nice area..!!

Awwww shucks - we are a ten minute walk from babbacombe model village!!! and cockington is great isnt it. oh bugger i dont know!!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:41 am
Live the moment

Awwww shucks - we are a ten minute walk from babbacombe model village!!! and cockington is great isnt it. oh bugger i dont know!!!
Yes it was lovely....like stepping back in time. We only had 4 days not long enough really..!! still we will get down that way again.

Stop fretting hun....relaxxxxxx.......
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

I would love to know, out of curiosity....it seems like its nearly always women moving because of husbands job.

Is equality really not even close to being here? Are there guys actually moving due to their wives jobs?

Really curious to know what the ratio would be as I think its a pretty good indication about where equality really is.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by amanda34
I would love to know, out of curiosity....it seems like its nearly always women moving because of husbands job.

Is equality really not even close to being here? Are there guys actually moving due to their wives jobs?

Really curious to know what the ratio would be as I think its a pretty good indication about where equality really is.
I made mine move here... nothing to do with his job.. just sense took me and then him over. I fully expect to be making more money than him in 5 years time and if I'm not, I want to know why.

Regarding equality, that's a tricky one... Until it's normal for blokes to be at home and caring for the children like most women, then equality will never be as we really want it...
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

I made mine move here... nothing to do with his job.. just sense took me and then him over. I fully expect to be making more money than him in 5 years time and if I'm not, I want to know why.

Regarding equality, that's a tricky one... Until it's normal for blokes to be at home and caring for the children like most women, then equality will never be as we really want it...
Yeh, my opinion on that would get most women miffed, so will keep it shut

Women have to be prepared to ask for equality and actually allow it is where I will leave it. Yes though, it is in the home as much as the workplace.

I know I would want a guy who would raise kids whilst I worked.....but then thats why I am 34 and still bloody single

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.