British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   OK, OK, OK, I got to ask .......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ok-ok-ok-i-got-ask-402673/)

RooksieJ Oct 17th 2006 10:09 am

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

How many have moved to Aus got homesick and returned to UK only to wish they had stayed in Aus and ultimately moved back again??? In other words, how many ping pong poms are there out there??

Im just curious, of course :o :D

TraceyW Oct 17th 2006 10:13 am

Re: OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Well, there's you for starters!!!! :D

I went back for a month on hols 'cos I was really, really homesick and I couldn't wait to get back to Oz....does that count? :D

Suni&Jay Oct 17th 2006 10:13 am

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
How many have moved to Aus got homesick and returned to UK only to wish they had stayed in Aus and ultimately moved back again??? In other words, how many ping pong poms are there out there??

I know 1 :rolleyes:

RooksieJ Oct 17th 2006 10:15 am

:p :p :p

not so much me tbh but hubbie is a right miserable so and so since we got back. just dont know what to do.

glittababe Oct 17th 2006 10:16 am

kinda us - we had to go back for other reasons too (sell house, sort jobs out and get a proper visa)! I wouldn't say we were homesick, just the area we were in wasn't for us and we felt our little suffolk village was better!

RooksieJ Oct 17th 2006 10:17 am

Originally Posted by glittababe
kinda us - we had to go back for other reasons too (sell house, sort jobs out and get a proper visa)! I wouldn't say we were homesick, just the area we were in wasn't for us and we felt our little suffolk village was better!

of course mate i forgot about you (soz :o ) where are you now in queensland? tbh im not sure if we would go back to qld :confused:

TraceyW Oct 17th 2006 10:43 am

:p :p :p

not so much me tbh but hubbie is a right miserable so and so since we got back. just dont know what to do.

Tell him to straighten his mush!! ;)

I can imagine my OH being exactly the same if I took him back to the UK. Dunno which is worse...boredom here or my old man's miserable face!!! :o

RooksieJ Oct 17th 2006 10:47 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Tell him to straighten his mush!! ;)

I can imagine my OH being exactly the same if I took him back to the UK. Dunno which is worse...boredom here or my old man's miserable face!!! :o

Ive just been trying to hunt down geordie george and i ended up reading her blog and wishing i hadnt!!!! :( :confused:

what a bloody nightmare i want to stay uk and OH wants to return to Oz :rolleyes:

Pants Oct 17th 2006 10:51 am

ohhh er I do know quite a few.....some I won't mention as I am not sure how they would feel if I did..I know about 4 families who have returned back to Oz, excluding Glittababe...hello Annie have you seen much of Debbiemc??

Rooksie hows that baby bump coming along? I am in next Thursday to have mine..!! ekkkkkkkk :) :)

RooksieJ Oct 17th 2006 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Pants
ohhh er I do know quite a few.....some I won't mention as I am not sure how they would feel if I did..I know about 4 families who have returned back to Oz, excluding Glittababe...hello Annie have you seen much of Debbiemc??

Rooksie hows that baby bump coming along? I am in next Thursday to have mine..!! ekkkkkkkk :) :)

god im in such a state mate i dont know what to do. i have told hubbie we need to think about it in the New Year.

are you being induced then mrs or are you have a C section?

i am being induced on 24 nov - home birth for me (at least thats the plan!!!!)

and then its a sterilization thanks very much!! :D

iPom Oct 17th 2006 10:56 am

I know a few people like that, but I hope it won't ever be me. It's too darn expensive. :o I don't know how people do it but kudos to those who do ping pom... brave people.

iPom Oct 17th 2006 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Pants

OMG! How fast did that go?!!! Obviously not for you but for us ... :o

Serious K to you Pants... I hope it all goes beautifully.

:):):)

RooksieJ Oct 17th 2006 10:58 am

Originally Posted by iPom
I know a few people like that, but I hope it won't ever be me. It's too darn expensive. :o I don't know how people do it but kudos to those who do ping pom... brave people.

if my husband has mentioned the expense once, he has mentioned it a trillion times. the worst thing is, i have no argument back :(

Pants Oct 17th 2006 11:00 am

god im in such a state mate i dont know what to do. i have told hubbie we need to think about it in the New Year.

are you being induced then mrs or are you have a C section?

i am being induced on 24 nov - home birth for me (at least thats the plan!!!!)

and then its a sterilization thanks very much!! :D

You know when I came back I missed Oz and aussie hubby couldn't have given 2 hoots about Oz. Now 2years on I feel settled but we have discussed possibly going back later on in life, certainly not yet.

Tell that hubby of yours to slow down and chill a bit, you don't need to be getting into a state when you are preggers. Do you have a time limit left on getting back to Oz?

No having c-section due to oblique/transverse little mite....in english terms....breech and angled..!! ekkkk alien tummy...!!

Yep hubby will get the 2 brick watery eyes treatment after this..!! :)

Perthforme Oct 17th 2006 11:00 am

I had wanted to return to aus since i left in 94 , soooooooo glad to have now done it :D