Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Originally Posted by iPom
This sounds so lovely Amanda, and I'm horribly hesitant to ask what happened...because I've got a feeling it's not a happy answer.

I don't think you're being too demanding at all - I think you just want someone who can match you. Who the hell doesn't?! You may be right and it's tough to find a guy who suits, esp at this age, when people are married or getting divorced or coming with baggage.... Who needs that?
It also sounds like it would be tough to find anyone who could take your husband's place, as such.

Yeh, one reason I really felt massively for Terri Irwin and her future potential partners......not as bad, but who the hell could match that?

I think being as strong and independant as I am and with my confidence and spunky nature, its hard when there is easier out there....albeit its the passive aggressive kind....its tough.

I am happy though and am at the point its been so long, that I just am happy and find anyone ends up complicating things now....so likely 12 cats and smelling of wee
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amanda34
Yeh, one reason I really felt massively for Terri Irwin and her future potential partners......not as bad, but who the hell could match that?

I think being as strong and independant as I am and with my confidence and spunky nature, its hard when there is easier out there....albeit its the passive aggressive kind....its tough.

I am happy though and am at the point its been so long, that I just am happy and find anyone ends up complicating things now....so likely 12 cats and smelling of wee
Shit, that's awful. So sorry.
I think, probably at the point you stop thinking about it, you'll meet some fabulous person. You're far too good and interesting a person to be on your own. Fingers crossed for someone inspiring for you.

x
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Shit, that's awful. So sorry.
I think, probably at the point you stop thinking about it, you'll meet some fabulous person. You're far too good and interesting a person to be on your own. Fingers crossed for someone inspiring for you.

x
I am always open, but never to drop my standards as a person.....just always find I am continually expected to drop who I am to keep the peace. I find guys I know as friends think I am the fabbiest but guys who are 'dating' think I am really demanding hard work and up myself....its a weird thing but equally I dont feel comfortable around guys who could be prospects if that makes sense so probably put up defences I dont with the other guys who know me as they are attached etc.

Odd really, an issue I guess, but one I just am happy with....I just always feel like guys want to rush things, that they want the cart before the horse, the house before I even approve the mortgage ....I am a northern pom, so I am basic in that respect, not going to pretend to be in love when I have known a guy for two weeks and guys just cant cope with that when I want to be just friends and not pretend to be all adoring.

I earn my place, he earns his, same as everyone in your life if you look at it, just think we can get all deluded when it comes to the opposite sex.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:14 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amanda34
Men stay home half the time, better conditions for parents not just women and real equality...thats what Im talking about
This happens in Sweden.... I'm not holding my breath about it happening here in the US.

Besides, even if a man stays home to mind the kids he rarely does any of the housework.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:53 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
This happens in Sweden.... I'm not holding my breath about it happening here in the US.

Besides, even if a man stays home to mind the kids he rarely does any of the housework.
Not true, I occasionally clean around my keyboard
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:59 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Not true, I occasionally clean around my keyboard

and I never put you down for a 'New Man'! I hope Rachael makes you a drink after all that strenuous exercise!!!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:04 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
and I never put you down for a 'New Man'! I hope Rachael makes you a drink after all that strenuous exercise!!!
Of course, once she's stopped kneeling
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:05 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Of course, once she's stopped kneeling
pray tell - what is she doing on her knees - or maybe not!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Well, there's you for starters!!!!

I went back for a month on hols 'cos I was really, really homesick and I couldn't wait to get back to Oz....does that count?
That story sound familiar. Someone who came back for a month and then went back and is from worcestershire...
I'm going to PM you
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Vanessa
pray tell - what is she doing on her knees - or maybe not!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:18 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Alot of the Ping Pong Poms make the mistake of going back to the UK too soon without giving OZ a proper go. Often they get homesick after 6 months
think OZ is'nt up to their expectations, move back to the Uk and regret it because the same reasons they immigrated are still there, THats why they say you should give it 2 years and then decide if you want to move back
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:36 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Alot of the Ping Pong Poms make the mistake of going back to the UK too soon without giving OZ a proper go. Often they get homesick after 6 months
think OZ is'nt up to their expectations, move back to the Uk and regret it because the same reasons they immigrated are still there, THats why they say you should give it 2 years and then decide if you want to move back
Reading all the posts make me believe that oz is worse than the uk, which is good as i probably will like it a bit more if my expectations are low.

As long as the weather is better than manchester i dont bloody care about the price of bananas or anything else for that matter.

well maybe snakes

or skin cancer
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Reading all the posts make me believe that oz is worse than the uk, which is good as i probably will like it a bit more if my expectations are low.

As long as the weather is better than manchester i dont bloody care about the price of bananas or anything else for that matter.

well maybe snakes

or skin cancer

The weather is DEFINITELY better than Manchester.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:20 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

The weather is DEFINITELY better than Manchester.
I dont belive you or anyone else on this site, i waiting to find out for myself. Ive had enough of this scaremongering, lol
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alkristensen
I dont belive you or anyone else on this site, i waiting to find out for myself. Ive had enough of this scaremongering, lol
Fair enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.