Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:01 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Anyway, yes, ping pongs.

Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:11 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
If you're serious about Melbourne you should come for a holiday mate and check it out this time, have a look round then go home and make a decision or is that way too sensible for you

We could always squeeze you in here mate, not you personally but all of you

I think Rachel would love having more girls than blokes around for a while.

thanks mate. dont worry i have already made it a stipulation that we holiday first!!!! not making THAT mistake again!!!!

so, book us in, me, jed, diasy (the only normal one), grace the moody hormonal one and a screaming baby - hey, bet you cant wait!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Jac hon, I know full well you will take absolutely no notice of this advice at all but there is no way you can even think about such a mammoth decision in your state. Your brain is dying cell by cell at the moment (if there are any left to die ) Tell that numpty Jed that sometime around March when the brain is starting to firm up again, you can both sit down and actually discuss it properly.

Babies - huh, why oh why do they destroy our minds and bodies and then look so damn gorgeous you can't be cross with them

i know mate. i said to him last night we cant even consider/talk about it until at least New Year.

youre a star mate - i miss our chats
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Grow up.
You may have a point, maybe I'll follow your shining examples of maturity here and here I could find loads more, but hey I'll be too busy growing up.

Thanks anyway for being your usual constant source of amusement, do keep up the good work
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
thanks mate. dont worry i have already made it a stipulation that we holiday first!!!! not making THAT mistake again!!!!

so, book us in, me, jed, diasy (the only normal one), grace the moody hormonal one and a screaming baby - hey, bet you cant wait!!!!
Looking forward to it mate
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:53 am

Looking forward to it mate

:scared: :scared:
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:01 am

:scared: :scared:
You're scared?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:01 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

How many have moved to Aus got homesick and returned to UK only to wish they had stayed in Aus and ultimately moved back again??? In other words, how many ping pong poms are there out there??

Im just curious, of course
I just pong
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:03 am

You're scared?

YOU should be mate

hey i hope you havent got any of those hairy arsed spiders any more!!!!!!!!!!!

double :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
I just pong

so rumour has it mate
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:07 am

YOU should be mate

hey i hope you havent got any of those hairy arsed spiders any more!!!!!!!!!!!

double :scared: :scared:

Nah it'll be fun
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm really lucky. My hubby does just as much as me in the house and with the kids.

When I had my 13 year old, I worked full time and he stayed at home with him while juggling a course at Uni for his Electrician qualifications plus looking after the housework because I was at work from 11 am until 10pm most days.

Then when he was qualified, we both worked and shared the housework. After having my youngest daughter, it was my turn to stay at home with her for two reasons, one he could earn more than me and two I was looking after my Mum who had cancer.

Now we are both out of work for the time being, although he is in the process of getting his Electricians licence. Once he gets that I'm going to shove him out of the door and have a rest I may go back to work after Christmas (maybe )

Now that I admire greatly.......Nothing wrong with women being girlie, or mums who stay home.....not by a long shot, but we could do with an equal amount of guys doing it and still being macho men.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alkristensen
like you say....... thats why your single.LOL

Equality wasnt reached by acting dumb and helpless, thats just manipulation and the bubble bursts one day when he says no.

Me and the missus share jobs. she has hers chores and i have mine, one cooks and the other one washes up and we do it for each others convienience.

Compromise and talking and trying to fix the litlte things that niggle helped us enormously.

I snore and toss and turn(as almost all blokes do), she nicks the covers.

This may sound strange , but We sleep in different rooms now and dont get me wrong we arent distanced as we cuddle all night on the sofa or first thing in the morn and its great

We slept apart for a while as a trial as we are on different body clocks(her sleep 11pm-8am, me 3am-10am) and she has M,.E. she needs all the sleep she can get so i didnt want to wake her.

Now we wont go back to before as we are both well happy with how we are now compared to then

I get my bachelor pad bedroom with tv,ps2,stereo, draws of crap stuff,comp,printer etc etc, and she gets her girly bedroom with little pots and ornaments etc etc. we ar eboth happy and We love it this way as i can stay up all night if i like and i dont disturb her, and she can get up early and not disturb me.

I only work 3 days a week and she doesnt work so we see each other plenty anyway for cuddles and to talk and have a laugh

I tell you what it aint half made our relationship stronger as we never niggle with each other over the previous nights sleep or lack of it.

and nookie feels more like a date than a routine off before/after sleep bonk.

I do the washing and ironing(when necessary to iron) , clean, cook, mow,sew,fix the car,d.i.y. shop etc etc etc(as i lived on my own once) and find time to massage her every night for her treatment-hard job but someones gotta do it-lol).

So not all men are the same. Id walk over hot coals whilst ironing with a broom up my arse for my missus. Id support her in anything that she does and know enough to back off and let her have her independence as much as i have mine.

al.x

Now that is a real man.......plus yes, can understand the sleeping thing, I snore like a steam train and I nick the covers....cant bear sleeping in the same bed as anyone and dont get a wink and yes, like the whole idea of sleeping together and being intimate still being like dates.....like that idea a lot (not that I am going to get any practice, men run a mile when they hear me say what I do).

You dont sound like a courdoroy wearing social worker flim flam type, you sound like a real man, who is in a partnership and doesnt have his wife as a mother figure and your damn right there...no moaning.

I was married once, very happily and no, we didnt divorce......that was a real partnership, he was a military officer and about as macho as they could get, but my best pal he was, we did half of everything at home and when I had a hard day and came home and he had a day doing very little..it was all about me....massaged feet, getting me a cuppa.....vice versa, he came home I ran him the bath.

I dont think I am being too demanding, but maybe its the guys who are still left in their thirties.

:scared:
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:54 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amanda34

I was married once, very happily and no, we didnt divorce......that was a real partnership, he was a military officer and about as macho as they could get, but my best pal he was, we did half of everything at home and when I had a hard day and came home and he had a day doing very little..it was all about me....massaged feet, getting me a cuppa.....vice versa, he came home I ran him the bath.

This sounds so lovely Amanda, and I'm horribly hesitant to ask what happened...because I've got a feeling it's not a happy answer.

I don't think you're being too demanding at all - I think you just want someone who can match you. Who the hell doesn't?! You may be right and it's tough to find a guy who suits, esp at this age, when people are married or getting divorced or coming with baggage.... Who needs that?
It also sounds like it would be tough to find anyone who could take your husband's place, as such.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:02 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
In scientific studies, which I'd find if I could access my old computer (in a box) doctors are notoriously bad at estimating the size of a baby. Most 'big' babies don't turn out to be 'big' at all, so don't let them tell you it is. What really matters is head size and the shoulders. The rest is negligable - length at this point, doesn't matter!

I agree with your consultant though, because faced with this position, I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution....

If you've tried all fours, then I'd try the walking up stairs sidways... and do consider doing something upside down. There's a yoga posiiton which is where you're lying down with your feet up against a wall,,, then you wiggle until your bum's up the wall, and then if you can do it, your shoulders follow, so you're resting on your shoulders. Tricky when pregnant of course, but it depends on how desparate you are to try it. Babies, surreally, don't like being turned upside down, so they can adjust to this by turning. You'd have to do it a fair bit. Even if you just tilt yourself a bit, it just might help.

I'll shut up now.
Cheers sweetie, will give it a go....

love that new avatar...!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.