Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OK, OK, OK, I got to ask ..........

Originally Posted by iPom
Cool. Sounds like things are happening for you. Excellent.

Yeah, not bad.
Oooooh thank you so much.....pure sex on legs.

Now I would play twee little woman for that stud muffin....well no, dont think I would....but you must confess, a macho man like that also being daddy stay home....got to be sexy image
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amanda34
Oh they never like that. There was a girl walked into the bar the other week whilst I was there with the guys from work.....obvious very classy money mans girl ...all men turned heads and commented about how they would.....I came out and joked...had her, Saturday, wasnt that great actually.

Never seen men shut up so quickly......took their dominance and strutting of their wares away instantly.

LOL - that's the sort of thing I'd say. Oh my god, if you're ever over this way, let's get together for a drink.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pants
hiya huns

Back from ironing, scrubbing floors with toothbrush, suppose I have to have sex next......demands demands....lol....

No my hubby is a good aussie one, he does normally do ironing its me that is mad and can't do that sit and relax stuff.!! he's pooh at cooking but hey he is home for 2 weeks when bubs comes so that will be the test eh..!!

right back to the baking and making my stepford housewife image even better!!!Notttttttttttttttttttttttt
Thats another thing...how scroogie, men should get the same leave as women......poor guy, poor you....two weeks.....never sure where it all comes from...is it guys or women being sexist?

I think women are the worst enemies sometimes......a guy friend of mine wasnt allowed near the baby without his wives critical eye.......poor guy was in bits and was scared to even touch the wee one
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
LOL - that's the sort of thing I'd say. Oh my god, if you're ever over this way, let's get together for a drink.

I enjoy that kind of thing as its all just chest beating from their side.....its the guy who can be the crassest toward women and can say just how much he would enough is the highest alpha cow.

So I always try and outdo it in a very subtle way....just pick your moment and come out with a doozer
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:38 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Thats another thing...how scroogie, men should get the same leave as women......poor guy, poor you....two weeks.....never sure where it all comes from...is it guys or women being sexist?
He is a contractor so he says he can ONLY take 2 weeks of....thats life eh!! all down to money and work...!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

He is a contractor so he says he can ONLY take 2 weeks of....thats life eh!! all down to money and work...!!
That's the bottom line isn't it, sadly.

Mind you, after mine had taken his two weeks off, I couldn't wait to get rid of him. He was driving me up the wall.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

swings and roundabouts hun....thats what my list was full of when we got back.

I was down your way back in Aug....cockington village, babbacombe model village etc, we were staying with rellies in Livermead...!! Nice area..!!
Babbacombe Model Village. My favourite. I've visited that place at least once a year for over 30 years. It was tiny when I first went.

I now have the DVD and, if I get homesick, will watch it with my cup of coffee and slice of cake
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:44 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohippy
Babbacombe Model Village. My favourite. I've visited that place at least once a year for over 30 years. It was tiny when I first went.

I now have the DVD and, if I get homesick, will watch it with my cup of coffee and slice of cake

god mate that would just make me worse!!!! id be sobbing all over my cake
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
god mate that would just make me worse!!!! id be sobbing all over my cake
I haven't been here long enough yet to miss it but I'm sure I will ! I'm also sure that I'll get a lot of stick from hubby as, after he'd seen it once, he refused to ever go again. Even the kids refused after the third time. Heathens the lot of them !!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:47 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

I would love to know, out of curiosity....it seems like its nearly always women moving because of husbands job.

Is equality really not even close to being here? Are there guys actually moving due to their wives jobs?

Really curious to know what the ratio would be as I think its a pretty good indication about where equality really is.
I'm moving cos of boyf's job. We do the same thing so it could have been either of us - theoretically. In practice, women will always be behind until something is done about childcare, flexi-working & generally improved conditions for working parents. If there were decent, guaranteed, cheap childcare available, a lot more women would come back to work after as little as 6mths, (some hardcore ones after 3mths!) provided they could work flexibly & not be expected to put extra hours in, ie be able to obtain a decent work-life balance without feeling like they're not pulling their weight. The partners need to get involved more too. Men need to have a taste of what it's like to face 6mths or more away from the workplace then try to claw back some professional integrity.

& of course the choice not to work needs to be equally respected. & can I have the moon on a stick too?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:14 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Pants, glad to hear I only got to watch you for another week waddling up to the school!! You got "the" waddle to perfection!! Having done it twice have to say it is all a LOT easier second time around, so sure you will be fine!! Sure I will see you before hand but GOOD LUCK!!

When I read the original thread the only person I knew who ping ponged was YOU!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

We ping-ponged !

I landed in New Zealand and the 2nd phone call home the Mrs told me she was pregnant !
She flew here and could not settle, the rental didn't help so we bought a house. After having our daughter was born we decided to go back, this was after 8 months. Made a loss on the house and packed up and went home.
As soon as we landed at Manchester airport we knew we had done the wrong thing, went to the in laws and after an hour when everyone went back to work we sat there thinking what have we done !
Long story short we where back in NZ after 5 days still not settled after 2 years hence the move to Australia, which was our first choice anyway 4 years ago
The in laws have no finally excepted that we are living in NZ and there coming out here in 2 weeks, got to then tell them were on the move again
Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

If you're serious about Melbourne you should come for a holiday mate and check it out this time, have a look round then go home and make a decision or is that way too sensible for you

We could always squeeze you in here mate, not you personally but all of you

I think Rachel would love having more girls than blokes around for a while.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:10 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
why oh why do they destroy our minds and bodies
Not all recover do they?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JustBecause
I'm moving cos of boyf's job. We do the same thing so it could have been either of us - theoretically. In practice, women will always be behind until something is done about childcare, flexi-working & generally improved conditions for working parents. If there were decent, guaranteed, cheap childcare available, a lot more women would come back to work after as little as 6mths, (some hardcore ones after 3mths!) provided they could work flexibly & not be expected to put extra hours in, ie be able to obtain a decent work-life balance without feeling like they're not pulling their weight. The partners need to get involved more too. Men need to have a taste of what it's like to face 6mths or more away from the workplace then try to claw back some professional integrity.

& of course the choice not to work needs to be equally respected. & can I have the moon on a stick too?

I am sorry, again all I am hearing is inequality...that women again are taking this whole responsibility. That if we made it easier for women to work, gave them a bette rwork life balance....it takes two to make children yet equality doesnt really sound like it at all.

It just sounds like letting women go out to work a bit, but come home early and still do all the work at home...not equality.

Men stay home half the time, better conditions for parents not just women and real equality...thats what Im talking about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.