Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK, I'm sure there have been a few posts already....

OK, I'm sure there have been a few posts already....

Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

oohsmallysmally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OK, I'm sure there have been a few posts already....

...from people like me who want to emigrate but I'm just too lazy to look for them.
Anyway I've heard that there may be a change to Tasmania and South Australia immigration laws which may allow people such as me and my family to emigrate.
In brief, I'm a fully qualified mechanic with 11 years experience but haven't done it for the last 9 years 'cos I became a copper but I have heard that I may still qualify for either SA or Tasmania.
Anyone able to fill me in at all.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 6:29 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: OK, I'm sure there have been a few posts already....

Originally posted by oohsmallysmally
...from people like me who want to emigrate but I'm just too lazy to look for them.
Anyway I've heard that there may be a change to Tasmania and South Australia immigration laws which may allow people such as me and my family to emigrate.
In brief, I'm a fully qualified mechanic with 11 years experience but haven't done it for the last 9 years 'cos I became a copper but I have heard that I may still qualify for either SA or Tasmania.

I dont know, havent gone on that visa route..... maybe a search

Also, try the immigration forum (this is lifestyle) as there have been quite a few posts in there, including by agents re. the July 1st change.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 6:30 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

sorry mate but try a search or look here, then ask more specifics

www.immi.gov.au
Old Jul 9th 2004, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

my wife says that the m-in-law informed her they are advertising in the uk for people to live in those states. more than that i cannot say.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 6:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by oohsmallysmally
u might need to update your skills. cars have moved on quite a bit in nine years
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:05 am
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, welcome to expats....

We are moving to Tasmania in 15 days, we went STNI route.

My hubby is not a mechanic but his trade was on the skilled shortage list in Tasmania, I have been on their list this morning for you and the following are shortage over in Tas....

Auto Electrician
Diesel Motor Mechanic
Motor Mechanic
Panel Beater
Vehicle Painter

You only need to pass the pool mark for STNI, which I believe is 70 points.

I will give you a couple of websites for the Tassie government:

www.immi.gov.au/settle/states/tas.htm

www.development.tas.gov.au/migration/skills.pdf

The last one being the shortage list with codes to quote if you apply.

I dont know much about the new regional visas though, maybe you might get some info from the taz gov site.

As for South Australia, dont know mate

Best of luck

Christine