Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ok I Give. In How Much To Ship 10 Tea Chests??

Ok I Give. In How Much To Ship 10 Tea Chests??

Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:07 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Ok I Give. In How Much To Ship 10 Tea Chests??

Right... just as a matter of interest (I'm still not saying we're taking anything)how much would it cost to send 10 tea chests from Barnsley to Adelaide.. and how do you go about doing it..????
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ok I Give. In How Much To Ship 10 Tea Chests??

Originally Posted by CORKER
Right... just as a matter of interest (I'm still not saying we're taking anything)how much would it cost to send 10 tea chests from Barnsley to Adelaide.. and how do you go about doing it..????

We sent about 10 boxes/tea chests from London to Melbourne then on to Bendigo and it cost us about £400 + insurance.

We just called up a few shippers, told them on the phone what we were taking and the quoted us. We picked which shipper we wanted to use and called them up, booked them, they came and packed it and then about 12 weeks later delivered it all pretty much safe and sound to our new place here in Bendigo.

Easy as that!!

Hels
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:18 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

We shipped 10 tea chest sized boxes as well. Cost was around £600 including insurance. We only shipped tools and personal stuff along with a few kitchen things. We used a local guy in Grimsby Goodwins Removals, they used Masons as a main shippers. Masons were'nt bothered to quote us as the amount was too small.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CORKER

Try these guys, they gave me a quote for £560 for 10 t chests, 5 book boxes and 2 bigger boxes.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
We shipped 10 tea chest sized boxes as well. Cost was around £600 including insurance. We only shipped tools and personal stuff along with a few kitchen things. We used a local guy in Grimsby Goodwins Removals, they used Masons as a main shippers. Masons were'nt bothered to quote us as the amount was too small.

WOW really? It was Masons we used and they were great!! Had no problems with them about the fact we were only taking a few boxes.

I guess it shows you just gotta be lucky with who you talk to