Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ok How did you find this site????

Ok How did you find this site????

Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ok How did you find this site????

i found it by accident and the last twelve months have shown me all the reasons why were now not probably not moving to Auz. Have learnt loads of stuff, but also found some of it a bit clicky and mainly a chat room. Sift through that and theres some great information posts here and discussions. Dont get me wrong, im not complaining that a lot i have learnt is negative, i needed to know before i committed myself, so for that reason i thank Expats. A very useful resource. but for me, alas, the prospect of bad paid jobs, expensive housing, expensive everything, Medicare, no maternity, no free banking, Hooligans, etc have change my mind. But thats my case, i have a good std of living here, for many im sure Auz will be a great move. Oh and the weather, you got me there, but I love the rain and cold wind

regards
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:36 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

by accident as well - thankgod, it is such as savour!!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:37 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Via Poms in Perth site. I wasn't going on there as much as many of the threads kept turning into squabbles .....
SO I echo the mantra "Thank God for British Expats "
Gillian

Last edited by sme; Jun 29th 2005 at 5:38 pm. Reason: forgot a word :(
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:38 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by numbers
i found it by accident and the last twelve months have shown me all the reasons why were now not probably not moving to Auz. Have learnt loads of stuff, but also found some of it a bit clicky and mainly a chat room. Sift through that and theres some great information posts here and discussions. Dont get me wrong, im not complaining that a lot i have learnt is negative, i needed to know before i committed myself, so for that reason i thank Expats. A very useful resource. but for me, alas, the prospect of bad paid jobs, expensive housing, expensive everything, Medicare, no maternity, no free banking, Hooligans, etc have change my mind. But thats my case, i have a good std of living here, for many im sure Auz will be a great move. Oh and the weather, you got me there, but I love the rain and cold wind

regards

hi just read uour post and why are you still continuing with your application? your timeline shows recent activity??!!!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:41 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by numbers

regards
Yeah I suppose it works both ways. Most folk will get excited about it all but obviously some people like yourself will see its not exactly what you were looking for & fair enough.

I know its the best move I ever made but everyones differant.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bordy
Just wondering how people actually came across this site.
Was it word of mouth, or accident or recommended by someone.

My case was purely by accident when I googled it one day, I was actually looking for another Ex Pat site which was pretty damned boring compared to this one.
Unfortunately by the time I found it I had already moved from Scotland to Aus.
Even so Ive met some great friends through it & more to come I suspect.

So, HOW DID YOU FIND THIS SITE?????
Just by accident... and will still use when we get to Oz too!! I think there is some great motivation to be found here and who knows we may need it on the bad days ..... as well as good
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

katie_w is an unknown quantity at this point

found it on google too. now fast getting addicted
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

A friend of mine who has just got her visa for New Zealand found it by accident and told me.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

jimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant future

My case was purely by accident when I googled it one day, I was actually looking for another Ex Pat site which was pretty damned boring compared to this one.

My nephew and his wife who have now emigrated to Perth on the 22nd June. They used it a lot as they did not go through any agent or anything and she got all her info through this site.

Margaret - still waiting on word des-area spondored visa hoepfuly Melbourne bised my sisters.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:04 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kyliecuteass
i was googling too!!

and me
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:04 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

G'day... G'google...
I was looking for info on the 163 business visa and - hey presto - found all the info I could ever need here.

Now I spend my nights trawling the web picking up stray 163'ers and indoctrinating them into our society....

No guv, we're not a cult... honest...

Thanks Expats.
Rogue.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:44 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Friend whos mate lives in OZ told us about it when we first started thinking about it!
We wouldnt av got far ithout you useful lot!!

Kris
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:51 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Heard about BE on AdBrits

Was wondering how people managed years ago without the internet, and without the help and support we all take for granted as a member of these forums ?
Carole
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:02 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sme
Via Poms in Perth site. I wasn't going on there as much as many of the threads kept turning into squabbles .....
SO I echo the mantra "Thank God for British Expats "
Gillian
"Snap"
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

"I've been Googled!!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.