Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?

OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?

Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?

G'day - just joined forum.

We moved to Noosa from Brisbane about 6 months ago after spending lots of weekends here and after my partner was made a job offer he couldn't refuse. We rented in Noosaville by the river but only after we'd commandeered a friend in the rental business to find us somewhere - found it really hard with the rotten rental application system they have over here.

Anyway we loved it there -lots of community events going on at weekends,etc and the national park's beautiful (I do agree about Hastings St being overrated though). We were only a stroll away from restaurants, although we missed the ones in Bris. We wanted to get onto the property market and found we got better value for money in the Noosa 'Hinterland' so now we're on an acre of land just outside of Eumundi -about 20mins from Noosa. Would never be able to afford that in Blighty!

I'm studying a masters degree in Brisbane so catch the train from Nambour 3 times a week. Takes 2 hours each way at $12 return with stooodent card.

We're 30-somethings with no kids and altho we have a few friends through my OH's work and diving, it's always great to meet new people so drop us a line if you're in the area.

Becky

Last edited by pominNoosa; Dec 7th 2007 at 12:22 am. Reason: additional info