Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?

OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?

Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?

Just like it says on the packet... I am seriously thinking of landing there - let me hear it good and bad!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:27 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?

i will b there in 2 wks will let u know whats its like
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

laudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the rough

Hi
We absolutley loved it in and around Noosa. We spent 6 weeks in Oz - travelled up and down the sunny & Gold Coast looking for the place we would like to settle and we even travelled to Perth. Our favourite place was Noosa and we should be out there by Feb/March-waiting for houses to sell!
Its a complelty different way of life out there and it will take me a while to get used to things but i know its going to be just great.
You'll love it especially if you have kiddies?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:38 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Just like it says on the packet... I am seriously thinking of landing there - let me hear it good and bad!
Noosa is lovely ... but it's a bit pricey!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Yep have 2 kids so I think that area will be perfect. I know its a bit pricey but I'm sure we will find a rental within budget.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:42 am
Just Joined

fishcalgem is on a distinguished road

We've been here 14 months & love love love it. Rentals can be as expensive but if you look round you can get a good one. We love the fact we can walk everywhere.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Walking is good...

But just for info how far is it to drive to places ? thanks

How far from bris esp.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:00 am
Just Joined

fishcalgem is on a distinguished road

We live at Noosa Heads so walk to beach & down to the river & shops if only for a few bits.

Nearest good shopping centre Noosa Civic is 10 mins by car. There's some other smaller ones but we prefer the Civic bigger Woolworths & Big W.

Brisbane on a good day is 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours we don't do it often just to pick folk up from the airport & the odd trip into the city.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future

The only nice part of Noosa is the National Park where you walk along the water side looking for koalas. Hastings Street is very over rated.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Spent a day at Noosa in may this year........thought it was very nice.......believe it is quite expensive to live but not sure......attatched some nice pics of the beach

OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?-img_0999.jpg

OK - anyone in noosa or thereabouts?-img_1000.jpg
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

laudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the rough

Homeward... how old are your kids? and what school are you thinking of sending them too? When are you planning on going over there?We do not know anyone there but have a couple of mates in Sydney!

Yes expensive but thats in Noosa itself, Peregian, Coolum is nice too!
Noosa ticked all the boxes, housing, facilities and proximatey to Marrochy, by the beautiful beaches & lovely hinterland, schools. It felt just right being in and around Noosa compared to lots of other places we spent time in. We are also going to look at Buderim and area as soon as we get out there and will make our mind up between both areas and find a rental whilst looking for a property to renovate or a piece of land to build on-by one of the beaches up there if we can????
We cant wait to sell so we can get out there. Our son Louis who is 11 cant wait to-i think he cant wait to get into all those sports to be honest!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:05 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Noosa is bloody beautiful. If I could wind the clock back 5 years that's where I'd have gone. It's probably where I'll retire to. One drawback is the jobs situation isn't that great.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:01 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Walking is good...

But just for info how far is it to drive to places ? thanks

How far from bris esp.
I would say more like 1½ - 2 hours to Brisbane - depending on where you're heading in Brisbane and at what time of day! I worked with a guy who lived in Noosa - and worked in the city.. took him 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back... he only came into the office twice a week!!

Sonic
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

We live in Noosaville near the river and we travelled all up and down Bris and the gold/sunshine coast to land here as it was in my opinion the best place around.

Workwise the wages are shocking at $20 for most jobs like it or whatever unless you're a teacher or nurse then rates are good.

Most people living here run small businesses, there are very few medium to large businesses within a reasonable commute, I'm not sure how many of these businesses actually make much money outside of the tourist strip as there never seem to be that many customers in them!

One thing that I do find strange is that its a bit of a ghost town, in that many house owners dont live here, they just visit now and then or rent out, so there are a lot of houses either empty or with tourists in.

I don't know when you're coming but bear in mind that its crazy right now for getting a rental, there are usually 10-20 applications in for each house.

If you like to live in a relatively crime free zone with loads of outdoor activities and family orientated days out then this is the place for you (IF YOU HAVE PLENTY OF $$$$)
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Laudami - my kids will be 10 and 12... My friend is coming over on Monday so she can fill me in on places when she gets here...

Thanks for all your comments, its so hard deciding on a place but i guess what is right for some isnt right for others.

I just cant wait to get back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.