Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oil rig work offshore for pipefitters?

oil rig work offshore for pipefitters?

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default oil rig work offshore for pipefitters?

what agency's or companys in oz deal with pipefitters for offshore work and anyone on here doing offshore work and is it busy in and around oz offshore,i currenty do that back in the uk but wanted to know how much work was around here in that line or work as maybe i will be living here one day.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

sarahntonygoingtooz is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: oil rig work offshore for pipefitters?

I have been looking on seek.com.au and have had a few leads, I work with LSA/NORM and it is impossible to find anything listed anywhere near it…, Would love some help if anyone sees this and has any suggestions…….
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oil rig work offshore for pipefitters?

Originally Posted by sarahntonygoingtooz
I have been looking on seek.com.au and have had a few leads, I work with LSA/NORM and it is impossible to find anything listed anywhere near it…, Would love some help if anyone sees this and has any suggestions…….
Most of the offshore work is in WA and is off the North West Coast of WA. Nearest town I guess would be Dampier which is a very small town compared to Perth and is a few thousand km north of Perth which would more than likely mean fly in fly out work if you wanted your family to live in Perth. My husband is on the design side in oil and gas but will ask him if his agency deals with offshore work.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
Most of the offshore work is in WA and is off the North West Coast of WA. Nearest town I guess would be Dampier which is a very small town compared to Perth and is a few thousand km north of Perth which would more than likely mean fly in fly out work if you wanted your family to live in Perth. My husband is on the design side in oil and gas but will ask him if his agency deals with offshore work.

That would be great if you could find that out for me,i was maybe hoping to live in queensland but i would probably fly over and back for work,i know perth is best for this sort of work as i been there before and tried it for 3 months on a working holiday visa and seen many jobs on papers each week while there,but offshore i think is even harder to get into and that where i would like more so when you get time off as i do back in the uk.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:59 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
what agency's or companys in oz deal with pipefitters for offshore work and anyone on here doing offshore work and is it busy in and around oz offshore,i currenty do that back in the uk but wanted to know how much work was around here in that line or work as maybe i will be living here one day.

Hi Brian,
My hubby also works in oil (refining) so before we came we spent months trawling through jobs online. This is a good site for resources jobs and agencies so you might find something here.

http://employment.byron.com.au/jobs/...-in-perth.html

Good Luck
ACE