Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oil and Gas Industry operator - Salaries in the Brisbane area????

Oil and Gas Industry operator - Salaries in the Brisbane area????

Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

thearthurs is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Oil and Gas Industry operator - Salaries in the Brisbane area????

Can anyone help....... PLEASE.
I currently work in the UK as a Gas plant operator, earning roughly £40,000 a year, and we have a decent standard of living on that (East Yorkshire). What salary would i be looking at for the equivelant job around the Brisbane area ie. oil terminal operator. would i be able to maintain a decent standard of living on that salary for myself, wife and 3 young children?
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oil and Gas Industry operator - Salaries in the Brisbane area????

Originally Posted by thearthurs
Can anyone help....... PLEASE.
I currently work in the UK as a Gas plant operator, earning roughly £40,000 a year, and we have a decent standard of living on that (East Yorkshire). What salary would i be looking at for the equivelant job around the Brisbane area ie. oil terminal operator. would i be able to maintain a decent standard of living on that salary for myself, wife and 3 young children?
Why you moving over East if you're in that line of work? Far better money is on offer in the hot remote areas of WA
Old Jul 4th 2011, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oil and Gas Industry operator - Salaries in the Brisbane area????

Lots of work in the CSG industry on the Eastern States. Companies are commiting to 10's of thousands of wells. All very well, but there is not the volume of rigs or completion equipment to achieve the targets. I suppose the revenue will outway the penalties on late completion of contracts.
Sorry can't answer the question on rates, I worked as a consultant Tech Advisor in WA to Oil Companies.