Reload this Page >

Oil & Gas Companies\Stables in Perth

Oil & Gas Companies\Stables in Perth

Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Lenn0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Oil & Gas Companies\Stables in Perth

Hi all, hope your all ok.

Im 26 and looking to come to Perth in the oil and gas industry, does anyone have any information regarding company names, websites etc. I am a Production Tech. Also my partner is experienced stable hand and we would appreciate any information available regarding stables in/around Perth.

Many Thanks
Regards
Rob
Grimsby
England
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:27 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oil & Gas Companies\Stables in Perth

Originally Posted by Lenn0n

Im 26 and looking to come to Perth in the oil and gas industry, does anyone have any information regarding company names, websites etc. I am a Production Tech. Also my partner is experienced stable hand and we would appreciate any information available regarding stables in/around Perth.

Many Thanks
Regards
Rob
Grimsby
England
Sorry what do you mean by production tech exactly?

I worked on the gas generators for rigs, but only know of an agency and am not even sure where in Oz they operate.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, general running of the plant and also in the control room. any information would be appreciated, even company names. Im working offshore now on a gas platform in the North Sea (its been raining for 5days)

Cheers
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:33 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply, general running of the plant and also in the control room. any information would be appreciated, even company names. Im working offshore now on a gas platform in the North Sea (its been raining for 5days)

Cheers
My FIL works on Sleipner, I've heard the British platforms have terrible conditions to the Norwegian ones? Which platform are you on?

Sorry but my agency is purely for mechanics so it wouldn't help you.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
I could help you out with this as my Dad works in Oil production, but he's currently offshore of South Africa. He's up on this as looked into it a few years ago....The answers are out there, just can't help you at this precise moment in time
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Welsh_Viking: yeah the conditions aint fantastic but there not as bad as people say, the weather is worse. Im on the Viking Bravo in the SNS off the coast of Norwich. Its really hard to try and find companies out in OZ using search engines and i need a sponsor because my job title is not on the skilled migration.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:41 pm
live free or die

Welsh_Viking: yeah the conditions aint fantastic but there not as bad as people say, the weather is worse. Im on the Viking Bravo in the SNS off the coast of Norwich. Its really hard to try and find companies out in OZ using search engines and i need a sponsor because my job title is not on the skilled migration.
You can't make it on points alone?

Surely you should if you're only 26 and have engineering education?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Australia-bound: If you could help it would be fantastic, ive been struggling to find the companies and someone in the oil & gas circle would know a great deal. Most of these job openings tend to be kept indoors and rarely advertised to the general public, at least they do in the UK anyway. i appreciate your help.

Rob
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

I have been on the immigration website and also contacted them, my job is on the employee nomination list and they said i would need a sponsor. I have been before on the 1 year backpacking visa so i cant even have one of them.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:51 pm
live free or die

I have been on the immigration website and also contacted them, my job is on the employee nomination list and they said i would need a sponsor. I have been before on the 1 year backpacking visa so i cant even have one of them.
hmmm, I'm not convinced, if you go on to www.liveinaustralia.com and try filling in the points test thoroughly it'll tell you,

I've been on the one year thing to, and my job was taken off the MODL in the time I did my IELTS test, and your mrs could also try something in a rural area maybe?

but if you're under 30, and have enough years experience in that certain job, you should have enough points without getting a sponsor....

Just give it a try it'll take about 20 mins

let me know what happens...hopefully i'm right.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

you weren't wrong, it said they could help me because there are over 100 different visa's. Although when i did it for myself and my partner it said no. Do you know if i could get a visa and come over, and she got a backpacking visa, when her year has finished that i could sponsor her?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Bronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Oil & Gas Companies\Stables in Perth

Many Thanks
Regards
Rob
Grimsby England

Im currently offshore at the moment in the North sea. Brrrrrrrrr its cold.... Im going to be moving over to Perth in the next month or so under 457 as a Production chemist. Take a look at the following sites and companies for production operator jobs and stables. Try your search from www.google.com.au
Not sure how helpful this is...

Stable hands ect
http://www.agriseek.com/careers/e/Em...s/z/Australia/

http://www.petlink.com.au/Classified...obs/index.html

OIL / GAS
www.seek.com.au

http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...archfrom=quick

Santos - South australia
www.originenergy.com.au/careers
Maxima Tempskill- agency i think
Global Resources Network
Hays Resources
Fusion Recruitment Pty
Woodside
BHP Billiton
Bass Strait Oil Company
Beach Petroleum
Arc Energy

hope this gives you a good start!!! Good luck...

Last edited by Bronco; Jan 21st 2008 at 7:00 am.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:16 am
live free or die

you weren't wrong, it said they could help me because there are over 100 different visa's. Although when i did it for myself and my partner it said no. Do you know if i could get a visa and come over, and she got a backpacking visa, when her year has finished that i could sponsor her?
Nah sorry , that's about as much as I can help you, try ask one of the agents on here or that site

good luck
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

smellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nice

Hi Rob,

My husband is a production tech in the North sea as well, looking for work in Australia. He does a week lead op and a week CRO. We don't need sponsorship, I have citizenship so he is applying for a spouse visa. We've been trying to look for jobs online - there are a few but most require that you have residency. He applied for one with Origin energy and they said he would be considered but under Australian law they had to demonstrate they had done everything to employ australians first.

There was also an advert for production operators with control room experience in the Press and Journal before christmas, they were offering a relocation package so I guess they would offer sponsorship too. It was with a company called MODEC. The closing date is passed, however if you want me to dig out the advert I could. Another company he tried was Coogee resources, haven't had any luck so far. Don't know how the wages would compare to UK though - do you know?

If his visa comes through before a job offer, we're planning to go out there and he'll keep his job in the Uk until he gets something. He works 2 on 3 off so he'd fly back here to work. Sounds a bit crazy but he's got the 3 weeks off to play with & he could visit his mum!!!! Just a nightmare if he gets fogged on!!!

Will let you know if we hear of anything - sorry cant help with visa

Rachel
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:04 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks
Regards
Rob
Grimsby
England
Chevron, Shell, Woodside, Santos are here.

Lots of agistment places in Wanneroo and east towards the swan valley.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.