Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ohh it is a bit more certain now

ohh it is a bit more certain now

Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:44 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Cool ohh it is a bit more certain now

Done our meds today

After so long talking about it, application sent 2yrs ago to DIMIA we now have a date we will be moving to Oz by - 19 June 2006

It is kinda of wierd that although we know that we are moving to Sydney, it now seems much more certain that we now have a date to do it by. :scared:

OMG, better run around a bit, get the estate agents round, think about throwing out junk, narrow the surburbs list we want live in, who are we going to get to ship our good, do we fly east or westwards round, who do fly with, run around a bit more, hold a few going away parties, Aussify the CV, what next? *running around like a headless chicken*

Getting dizzy just thinking about it - I think I will go and get another beer
Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

wallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant future
Default Re: ohh it is a bit more certain now

Originally Posted by walaj
Done our meds today

After so long talking about it, application sent 2yrs ago to DIMIA we now have a date we will be moving to Oz by - 19 June 2006

It is kinda of wierd that although we know that we are moving to Sydney, it now seems much more certain that we now have a date to do it by. :scared:

OMG, better run around a bit, get the estate agents round, think about throwing out junk, narrow the surburbs list we want live in, who are we going to get to ship our good, do we fly east or westwards round, who do fly with, run around a bit more, hold a few going away parties, Aussify the CV, what next? *running around like a headless chicken*

We wish you all the luck in the world!
May Australia be everything you thought it would be and more!
We are very new on our journey out to Oz, but are looking forward to the day that we too can run round like headless chickens!!!!
All the best!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:50 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's the best advice.

But it sounds like you've got some thinking to do too, so not too much
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:08 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Yeah, that's the best advice.

But it sounds like you've got some thinking to do too, so not too much
It is scary and nice all at the same time to think that this time next year we will be in Australia and will be PR

It not just the thinking that is the hard part, it is the decisions to be made.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:09 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

It is scary and nice all at the same time to think that this time next year we will be in Australia and will be PR

It not just the thinking that is the hard part, it is the decisions to be made.
I'm feeling the same only it's a bit more immediate. We should be in Brisbane in 20 days time, all being well
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:16 pm
no longer searching

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'm feeling the same only it's a bit more immediate. We should be in Brisbane in 20 days time, all being well
Wow, that will go in no time and I bet you feel like you have 1001 things to do before then. You said 'should be' - do you have reason to doubt you will make it?
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:19 pm
What's happening dudes?

Wow, that will go in no time and I bet you feel like you have 1001 things to do before then. You said 'should be' - do you have reason to doubt you will make it?
I don't actually have my visa yet, though I expect it in the next few days. We've had July 8th pencilled in for ages to fly so I hope that we get the visa in time to book it

But yes I've got loads to do at the mo, loads of money to spend And the exchange rate is at its lowest for about 8 years too
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:27 pm
no longer searching

small issue of a visa then - heres to the postie bringing the all important papers v soon. Exchange rate - that better improve as our budgeting is based on 2.5=£1. I remember the days when it was 2.8 .........
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:28 pm
What's happening dudes?

small issue of a visa then - heres to the postie bringing the all important papers v soon. Exchange rate - that better improve as our budgeting is based on 2.5=£1. I remember the days when it was 2.8 .........
Cheers.

I was happy with 2.41 / 2.42 but nooooo, it had to drop to 2.34