Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh yuk, there's a huntsman in my daughter's bedroom and I can't find the body!

Oh yuk, there's a huntsman in my daughter's bedroom and I can't find the body!

Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Oh yuk, there's a huntsman in my daughter's bedroom and I can't find the body!

Ok, so for a recovering arachnaphobe I'm quite proud of myself. I was just putting my 4 year old daughter to bed when I spied a huntsman on the wall beside the bed (just at her eye level). I calmly told her to take her book into the other room then went and got the killer spray (yes, I know they're not dangerous, in fact they are positively a boost to the environment, but I HATE spiders and OH isn't here). Anyway, went to spray it but it moved so fast I don't think anything hit. Now I can't see it anywhere. The bed is covered in cuddly toys which I gingerly tried moving to see if it was lurking but in the end I sprayed lots of stuff under the bed and up in the air, closed the door and put a draught excluder in front of it. My daughter is now asleep in my bed (I told her I sprayed some fly spray on a fly so she couldn't go into the room for a bit, as otherwise she would freak) and OH is due back in half an hour. What do I do if we can't find the body! I don't think I can go to bed if I think it's still alive and lurking somewhere.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:13 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh yuk, there's a huntsman in my daughter's bedroom and I can't find the body!

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Ok, so for a recovering arachnaphobe I'm quite proud of myself. I was just putting my 4 year old daughter to bed when I spied a huntsman on the wall beside the bed (just at her eye level). I calmly told her to take her book into the other room then went and got the killer spray (yes, I know they're not dangerous, in fact they are positively a boost to the environment, but I HATE spiders and OH isn't here). Anyway, went to spray it but it moved so fast I don't think anything hit. Now I can't see it anywhere. The bed is covered in cuddly toys which I gingerly tried moving to see if it was lurking but in the end I sprayed lots of stuff under the bed and up in the air, closed the door and put a draught excluder in front of it. My daughter is now asleep in my bed (I told her I sprayed some fly spray on a fly so she couldn't go into the room for a bit, as otherwise she would freak) and OH is due back in half an hour. What do I do if we can't find the body! I don't think I can go to bed if I think it's still alive and lurking somewhere.
Oh You poor thing......i would be exactly the same.

Just shut the door and wait for hubby to come home. It's probably gone into hiding now ........just try to forget about it now. The last thing you want it to cause your daughter to panic about not sleeping in her room.

Like you have been told they are harmless....just remember that, and not the fact that they are big ugly hairy b@st#rds