Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh What The Heck

Oh What The Heck

Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh What The Heck

I thought i would sum my life up in a ryhme.

My childhood it was the best,mum and dad and all the rest.
We went to Oz when i was 11, mum and dad and 5 kids in tow.
In the 70s they where the bravest ,4 yrs they stayed then took us home,homesickness set in for my mum, but regrets she had from that day on.
Married at 20, a big mistake, 10years of hell but 3 kids to raise.
Walked away with not a peeny to my name, so a struggle we had me,
michelle ,Kevin and Scott.
I met a guy who i thought cared, another mistake we was so scared.
Got rid of him not easy I might say.
And then i met my hubby Dave, he loved us all and saved the day.
He was patient , understanding, and he really cared, he made us feel so secure and safe.
Then David , Dale and Liam came along, well that was enough 6 kids i think,
I was always at the kitchen sink.
Then one day we sat and thought, what now for us we needed more.
So out of the blue i said lets try Oz, we could explore.
So off went Dave , he stayed 3 weeks with friends, and there he really fell in love.
12 months later we all arrived, 5 suitcases, 5 t chest and our 3 boys.
But i grieved for my older babes, and found it hard to settle im afraid.
David and the boys loved each day, but i cried and i cried night and day.
Oh my god what have i done, I cant do this i am a mum.
My daughter she missed us so much, i got her here, as soon as i could,
So in Uni she is my dear girl, each day i awake,and she is there.
Then Scott my son he has to come, 10 months since ive seen him, im welling up. in 2 months he will be here, at Perth Uni where he belongs.
So now theres Kevin and he is strong, 25 he has a good career, but in 3 weeks time he will be here, for a holiday that is.
At least we will be together one day, i know now we did the right thing and think we are so brave.
So to all of you making this lifestyle change, just try it and see if its for you.
We are so happy with our new life, and feel so settled , im now a happy wife.
Theres ups and downs but that will always be, but here in Oz we feel so free.
So for those who dont settle, and want to go home, then at least you have tried, and i admire you for that.
Never say never, cause life is too short, and if i can do it, so can you.
We are the bravest we live life to the full, and when we grow old we will have lots to tell.
Denise , loving wife and mother, i hope!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh What The Heck

Denise.
Fantastic thread. I am glad that things are working out so well for you.
I hate to think how hard it was to leave behind children. Cats were hard enough for me.

We wish you all the best and have fun when your son's arrive. Who knows maybe the eldest will fall in love with the place and join the rest of the merry clan
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Denise.
Fantastic thread. I am glad that things are working out so well for you.
I hate to think how hard it was to leave behind children. Cats were hard enough for me.

We wish you all the best and have fun when your son's arrive. Who knows maybe the eldest will fall in love with the place and join the rest of the merry clan
Oh thank you for that, im now crying.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:08 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
I thought i would sum my life up in a ryhme.

My childhood it was the best,mum and dad and all the rest.
We went to Oz when i was 11, mum and dad and 5 kids in tow.
In the 70s they where the bravest ,4 yrs they stayed then took us home,homesickness set in for my mum, but regrets she had from that day on.
Married at 20, a big mistake, 10years of hell but 3 kids to raise.
Walked away with not a peeny to my name, so a struggle we had me,
michelle ,Kevin and Scott.
I met a guy who i thought cared, another mistake we was so scared.
Got rid of him not easy I might say.
And then i met my hubby Dave, he loved us all and saved the day.
He was patient , understanding, and he really cared, he made us feel so secure and safe.
Then David , Dale and Liam came along, well that was enough 6 kids i think,
I was always at the kitchen sink.
Then one day we sat and thought, what now for us we needed more.
So out of the blue i said lets try Oz, we could explore.
So off went Dave , he stayed 3 weeks with friends, and there he really fell in love.
12 months later we all arrived, 5 suitcases, 5 t chest and our 3 boys.
But i grieved for my older babes, and found it hard to settle im afraid.
David and the boys loved each day, but i cried and i cried night and day.
Oh my god what have i done, I cant do this i am a mum.
My daughter she missed us so much, i got her here, as soon as i could,
So in Uni she is my dear girl, each day i awake,and she is there.
Then Scott my son he has to come, 10 months since ive seen him, im welling up. in 2 months he will be here, at Perth Uni where he belongs.
So now theres Kevin and he is strong, 25 he has a good career, but in 3 weeks time he will be here, for a holiday that is.
At least we will be together one day, i know now we did the right thing and think we are so brave.
So to all of you making this lifestyle change, just try it and see if its for you.
We are so happy with our new life, and feel so settled , im now a happy wife.
Theres ups and downs but that will always be, but here in Oz we feel so free.
So for those who dont settle, and want to go home, then at least you have tried, and i admire you for that.
Never say never, cause life is too short, and if i can do it, so can you.
We are the bravest we live life to the full, and when we grow old we will have lots to tell.
Denise , loving wife and mother, i hope!
Wow Denise you have hidden talents! But as for having 6 children, all I can say is that you are a braver woman than me! I just about coped with one. You are obviously more maternal than me, although I love my daughter to bits.
Sounds like you are feeling happier about things.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:44 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent you some k