Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh Sh*t - I didn't expect that

Wikiposts

Oh Sh*t - I didn't expect that

Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:38 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Default Oh Sh*t - I didn't expect that

The company I work for announced the call for redundancies 2 weeks ago. I naturally applied, wanting to go on 29th April, and after, no, no, no, maybe, no, yes, no, maybe, now definately yes I can go with £4K (Thanks you suckers) but I have to go at the end of the month, oh shit! I will get fat and lazy doing bugger all for a month!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:41 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Oh Sh*t - I didn't expect that

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
The company I work for announced the call for redundancies 2 weeks ago. I naturally applied, wanting to go on 29th April, and after, no, no, no, maybe, no, yes, no, maybe, now definately yes I can go with £4K (Thanks you suckers) but I have to go at the end of the month, oh shit! I will get fat and lazy doing bugger all for a month!
Hey, if you have got through your medicals, who cares. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

neil
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:43 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice problem to have.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Fat? yes Lazy? yes! Doing bugger all? NO!!! Trust me there are lots of things you can do so that you're not doing everything at the last minute!! Not to mention all the lunches and dinners etc with friends, (I found the line, "you'll not be able to do this with me at the drop of a hat soon!" works every time!!!

I took redundancy end of Nov. Worked for 2 months 4 hours a day, and then packed it all in! Off on the 14th and all this spare time has been invaluable . No seriously, have fun with your friends, and start doing all those things you've been putting off!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:53 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

It's a hard life isn't it?! (Not!) Being paid to leave work so that you can move to Australia now that is style!

Congratulations! I'm sure you won't have time to get fat and lazy though!

Binbird
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:57 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks all! I am looking into temping for a month, I don't really want to start dipping into my redundancy - that's for OZ. I may be a till tart for a few weeks in Asda - unfortunately their uniforms are gross - Waitrose, now your'e talking!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Thanks all! I am looking into temping for a month, I don't really want to start dipping into my redundancy - that's for OZ. I may be a till tart for a few weeks in Asda - unfortunately their uniforms are gross - Waitrose, now your'e talking!
When I worked for the 2 months it was for Tesco as a "personal dot-com shopper"!! Basically I whizzed around the store picking people's lists for them!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:37 am
Banned

jumpship is an unknown quantity at this point

We are Customer Service Operatives!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:23 am
blossom

Originally Posted by jumpship
We are Customer Service Operatives!
#

And in Oz they are known as Checkout Chicks !

Blossom