Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh no the clerk sent visa via Royal mail International surface mail!!

Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:13 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Oh no the clerk sent visa via Royal mail International surface mail!!

I sent our visa off on the 3rd of July, I just checked and it hasn't left the UK. I am starting to think the clerk never heard me or didn't send it by air mail. The web site says up to 8 weeks via surface mail, does anyone have any experience of how long it actually takes for documents via surface mail to Oz?
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:19 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh no the clerk sent visa via Royal mail International surface mail!!

Originally Posted by temptininnit

I sent our visa off on the 3rd of July, I just checked and it hasn't left the UK. I am starting to think the clerk never heard me or didn't send it by air mail. The web site says up to 8 weeks via surface mail, does anyone have any experience of how long it actually takes for documents via surface mail to Oz?

At least 6-8 weeks is the average. Sorry it is not what you wanted to hear.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh no the clerk sent visa via Royal mail International surface mail!!

Do you mean the actual visa application?

Whose clerk?

Whatever it is if its gone surface mail you'll be lucky to see it here in less than 8, and 12 would be more likely going on recent experience of stuff arriving here.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:19 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you mean the actual visa application?

Whose clerk?

Whatever it is if its gone surface mail you'll be lucky to see it here in less than 8, and 12 would be more likely going on recent experience of stuff arriving here.

Great! The Woman in the post office, she must have sent it surface mail instead of air mail.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:28 am
I've got time . . . . .

Well it's too late now, we will just have to wait and see. I guess it will just give us more time to get our other ducks in a row.

Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:24 pm
I've got time . . . . .

Well it's too late now, we will just have to wait and see. I guess it will just give us more time to get our other ducks in a row.

The Royal Mail track and trace websearch is wrong, it was sent and has arrived on the 11th. No debit on the credit card though.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:32 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

The Royal Mail track and trace websearch is wrong, it was sent and has arrived on the 11th. No debit on the credit card though.
international sign for from royal mail can only be tracked within the UK. once outside of the UK then it's in with the normal mail, so everyone out there beware when sending applications and meds etc. send by courier, more costly but worth it.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparks124
international sign for from royal mail can only be tracked within the UK. once outside of the UK then it's in with the normal mail, so everyone out there beware when sending applications and meds etc. send by courier, more costly but worth it.
NO IT CAN BE TRACKED IN AUS!

Aus Post

Just put in your ref no - destination address and date despatched and they mail you right back with time/date of delivery and person who signed the papers!
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:57 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jothefw
NO IT CAN BE TRACKED IN AUS!

Aus Post

Just put in your ref no - destination address and date despatched and they mail you right back with time/date of delivery and person who signed the papers!
ok calm down you'll burst a blood vessel