Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OH MY GOD! Just had the quotation for shipping

OH MY GOD! Just had the quotation for shipping

Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default OH MY GOD! Just had the quotation for shipping

:scared:
I'm hoping that they've over estimated... As i did this over the phone but Anglo Pacific have quoted me £1488.00 for a "mini move"

Here's what they'll be shipping.

A Double bed and two bed side cabinets
2 Beside lamps and an alarm clock
Kitchen ware
2 boxes of books
I pod speakers
Dvd Player and DVDs
Games Cube
One box of Photos and ornaments
A Small telescope
A Computer with monitr et al.
Some personal filing
Cds.
Bedding, linen etc
Clothes from two wardrobes which I'm sure we'd fit in 3 suitacases (they've put that I'd need 2 cartons for shoes and coats and 3 for clothes.)
1 carton of non breakables
3 guitars
1 Amplifier.

IS that Right?? :scared:

They must have over estimated.

Not even sure if we're taking the bed yet any way but :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future
Default Re: OH MY GOD! Just had the quotation for shipping

We got quoted approx £2500 and we were taking pretty much the same stuff.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BPadhiar
We got quoted approx £2500 and we were taking pretty much the same stuff.
really? I thought it was cheaper to ship stuff out than to buy it all again but looking at that I'm not sure!!! lol
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We paid 3700 GBP inc insurance for a jam packed 20ft container. 2500 sounds high
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:15 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

We had some similar quotes for a similar amount of "essential" stuff (although AP was the most expensive). In the end we decided to take everything, rather than just the essentials. Cost us more in shipping (£3500 for a 20 ft container) but will be chaper than shipping half our stuff and having to buy half new stuff at the other end.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ridds
We had some similar quotes for a similar amount of "essential" stuff (although AP was the most expensive). In the end we decided to take everything, rather than just the essentials. Cost us more in shipping (£3500 for a 20 ft container) but will be chaper than shipping half our stuff and having to buy half new stuff at the other end.
Who would you recommend I get quotes from then? I obviously need to do a bit more research!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Have you tried Sevenseas. They do chests about 2 foot high/2 foot wide. The first chest is £90 and each one after that is £45. Book chests are £25. They also take individual items like the guitars and monitors. Not sure about the bed though. We've had 10 chests and 3 book chests from them. most of what you've listed is going, playstations, game cube, cd's DVD etc. Any chests you dont use can be returned without charge. We've been happy with them so far anyway. Very professional.
Tracie
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
I'm hoping that they've over estimated... As i did this over the phone but Anglo Pacific have quoted me £1488.00 for a "mini move"

Kitchen ware
2 boxes of books
I pod speakers
Dvd Player and DVDs
Games Cube
A Small telescope
Some personal filing
Cds.
Bedding, linen etc
Clothes from two wardrobes which I'm sure we'd fit in 3 suitacases (they've put that I'd need 2 cartons for shoes and coats and 3 for clothes.)
3 guitars
1 Amplifier.

sounds steep to me. on a shared container, you havent much stuff. Try Doree Bonner. we are sharing and heading to Perth.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

2900 for a 20ft container door to door newcastle uk to brisbane work that out crazy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wintersgills
2900 for a 20ft container door to door newcastle uk to brisbane work that out crazy
I know this is lazy as google would solve this puzzle...

Do you have contact details? Websites? numbers?

Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wintersgills
good price, self packing? who's this with?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:06 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

We got quotes from:

PSS
Anglo Pacific
Reeves Brittania (booked with them as they were local to us and had a mid-range price)
Excess Baggage
Allfreight
Dorree Bonner

Also got quotes via RemovalQuotation which sources a few quotes for you.

They all came in with quotes between £3200 - £4000, including packing etc. There are loads of threads relating to moving - some with recommendations and recommendations on who not to use!

HTH
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:14 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mochinbach

Kitchen ware
2 boxes of books
I pod speakers
Dvd Player and DVDs
Games Cube
A Small telescope
Some personal filing
Cds.
Bedding, linen etc
3 guitars
1 Amplifier.

Just a rough estimate, sight unseen what was the Volume they quoted you,? my guess is 210 cu ft /6m3 ............ mm
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:22 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Just a rough estimate, sight unseen what was the Volume they quoted you,? my guess is 210 cu ft /6m3 ............ mm
mr mover, please excuse the fact that I have no sense when it comes to space needed etc....I have a similar amount of stuff...what as a starting point should I be looking at in terms of options for an economical move?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

i've had a quote for 10 tea cartons for £420 which i thought was pretty cheap. But compared to all the stuff you're taking for just 3 times the amount it seems quite expensive! To take 5 t cartons they quoted £320 so the more the merrier it seems! Price does not include insurance which is 5% of whatever the quote value is. This is through Excess baggage subsidiary, London Baggage co.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.