Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oh my god its arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god its arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:51 am
Just Joined

mrhemenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool oh my god its arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i took the day off work and wot should arrive with the post this morning but our confirmation that we have been granted our pr visas.yes yes yes
we only sent our medicals off 4 weeks ago so i feel thats not bad going for adelaide after the rest off the stuff had taken us nearly 2 years,a long wait but my mind is slightly shaky now that the realisation of it is seeping in .
anyway would like to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, good and bad threads,all useful.
there is just one question can we go to london and have our visas stamped in our passports or must we send them by post?
anyway to anyone who is waiting just , iwas going to put something witty but mind is blank so just hang in there
cheers
ian and paula,brisbane this july!!
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

highwinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations !!!! We're heading off to Brisbane on 10th June having been granted PR on 25th Feb.

In answer to your question you can go to Australia House with your passport but they won't stamp it there and then, they just pass it to your case officer who will then post it to you when they get round to doing it (took ours 2 days) so I wouldn't bother queuing and going through the hassle you may as well post it. (Registered and all that of course).
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:10 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: oh my god its arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mrhemenz
i took the day off work and wot should arrive with the post this morning but our confirmation that we have been granted our pr visas.yes yes yes
we only sent our medicals off 4 weeks ago so i feel thats not bad going for adelaide after the rest off the stuff had taken us nearly 2 years,a long wait but my mind is slightly shaky now that the realisation of it is seeping in .
anyway would like to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, good and bad threads,all useful.
there is just one question can we go to london and have our visas stamped in our passports or must we send them by post?
anyway to anyone who is waiting just , iwas going to put something witty but mind is blank so just hang in there
cheers
Congratulations!

I'm having my medicals done on Tuesday so hopefully I will not be too long behind you!

Mel
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:13 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mika24me
Congratulations!

I'm having my medicals done on Tuesday so hopefully I will not be too long behind you!

Mel
Well done,
The fun now starts!!!!
We are having medicals on Monday so hopefully also will not be too long before we here once they are sent off.
Going to Brisbane also.
Good luck
Debs
Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Congratulations,
we are also going to Brisbane have to validate by 15th Oct so I think were going out end June for 3 weeks, wish we were ready to move out then.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done ian & paula

We are hoping to go out to brisbane around the same time if house sale goes through, have you chosen which suburb you will be living in.

Terry
Old Apr 25th 2003, 2:09 pm
WBB

congrats i hope to be in sunny brissy myself .........one day.

seems a long wait

Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Congratulations to you both!
With all the people going to Bris.... Will there be any room? We are also off to Bris sponsorhip 4 yrs, that was an effort on it's own merit, god knows what PR is like, the words pins and eyes spring to mind!! Hopefully apply for PR a couple of years into our sponsorship!

Once again well done & the best of luck!!!

Gary&Clare
Old Apr 25th 2003, 6:56 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers
Hi
Further to the previous answer about going to Australia House. I went last month to collect PR visas and they put the sticker in the Passport there and then. Checking and sticking took about 5 minutes and the waiting time was about 30.
It's worth it if you live nearby as you can pick up some free mags at the same time !
Regards
S
Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you.

Enjoy your new life.

footie chick
Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

mrhemenz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Terry
Well done ian & paula

We are hoping to go out to brisbane around the same time if house sale goes through, have you chosen which suburb you will be living in.

Terry
not sure yet looking at kedron ,enoggera,wilston,windsor any where with a train station close to it
Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We are heading to just north of Brissy as well.

Due to go for medicals on Tuesday, so hopefully won't have long to wait. We wil have to sell our house etc first so it will be quite a few months 'til we finally leave.

Many congratulations.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations, :PARTY: :PARTY: we go to brissy 1st june. 36 days to go.............................
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:40 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, crack open a bottle or 2 and enjoy!

Steph
Old Apr 26th 2003, 9:50 am

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers

iwent down to london to get visa put in the passports they did it there and then