Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oh my god im leaving on thursday

oh my god im leaving on thursday

Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough
Default oh my god im leaving on thursday

I can't believe it, I'm leaving England on Thursday, 6 weeks before the wife and kids and I'm absoutely s****ing myself. Only decided to go this morning so I've booked the flight and away I go.

I have not got a clue where to go or what to do when I arrive but our house is ready so i must find the nearest paint store and crack on with getting our new pad all ship shape for when the wife and the little monkeys arrive. The only thing is that I will be spending my birthday and christmas alone but it's a small price to pay when i see those faces on the 17th jan 2006 . My house is in Tapping, Perth so any info where the local builders merchants are would be appreciated oh and car rentals super markets clothes shops etc etc (what am i doing i must be crazy :scared: ) and to the kid who stole my mobile a couple of weeks ago see ya later sucker hope maryland is nice over christmas im gonna be on the beach) and to all you australia wannabes hang in there it's gonna be worth the wait all the best rob
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Default Re: oh my god im leaving on thursday

You will be fine! Everyone will be so helpful and friendly, and look what a super new life you have all got in front of you. Plenty more birthdays and Christmasses.
I am going on my own, first week in january and I am a single 62 yr old lady! Looking forward to cuddling my grandkids.
Best wishes and karma to you all.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angela&rob
I can't believe it, I'm leaving England on Thursday, 6 weeks before the wife and kids and I'm absoutely s****ing myself. Only decided to go this morning so I've booked the flight and away I go.

I have not got a clue where to go or what to do when I arrive but our house is ready so i must find the nearest paint store and crack on with getting our new pad all ship shape for when the wife and the little monkeys arrive. The only thing is that I will be spending my birthday and christmas alone but it's a small price to pay when i see those faces on the 17th jan 2006 . My house is in Tapping, Perth so any info where the local builders merchants are would be appreciated oh and car rentals super markets clothes shops etc etc (what am i doing i must be crazy :scared: ) and to the kid who stole my mobile a couple of weeks ago see ya later sucker hope maryland is nice over christmas im gonna be on the beach) and to all you australia wannabes hang in there it's gonna be worth the wait all the best rob
Well Rob, im a couple of hours from you, or you could come down for xmas dinner.
Hey there are some really nice people in here and im sure you will get many offers, with the decorating as well. Denise
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:32 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

We are within walking distance, if you feel totally out your depth when you arrive pm us and I shall send hubby to assist!
Have a good flight, Jenny and Steve
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Originally Posted by jensteve
We are within walking distance, if you feel totally out your depth when you arrive pm us and I shall send hubby to assist!

Good luck Rob. It will all be worth it in the end I'm sure
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jensteve
thanks that makes me feel a whole lot better
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cranni
Well Rob, im a couple of hours from you, or you could come down for xmas dinner.
Hey there are some really nice people in here and im sure you will get many offers, with the decorating as well. Denise
thank you what very loverly offer
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:57 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Rob, and have a safe journey.
Julie.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:59 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy. Happy birthday and merry christmas when it comes.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Goodluck and safe journey it will all be worth it in the end

Claire
Old Nov 27th 2005, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

awww wow well done, go for it, you'll be fine I am sure all the nice people on here who live in Perth can help you out with some stuff

hugs LAce x
Old Nov 27th 2005, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice
Talking Re: oh my god im leaving on thursday

Oh my god Im leaving for Perth on Tuesday morning, 36 hours time, bring it on I say!!!

See you in Perth

Cheers
Ross
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:24 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

My house is in Tapping, Perth so any info where the local builders merchants are would be appreciated
There is a Bunnings just south of Joondalup on the corner of Ocean Reef and Joondalup drive. There may be something closer though.