British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   oh my god im leaving on thursday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/oh-my-god-im-leaving-thursday-339726/)

angela&rob Nov 27th 2005 11:35 am

oh my god im leaving on thursday

I can't believe it, I'm leaving England on Thursday, 6 weeks before the wife and kids and I'm absoutely s****ing myself. Only decided to go this morning so I've booked the flight and away I go.

I have not got a clue where to go or what to do when I arrive but our house is ready so i must find the nearest paint store and crack on with getting our new pad all ship shape for when the wife and the little monkeys arrive. The only thing is that I will be spending my birthday and christmas alone but it's a small price to pay when i see those faces on the 17th jan 2006 :D :D :D. My house is in Tapping, Perth so any info where the local builders merchants are would be appreciated oh and car rentals super markets clothes shops etc etc (what am i doing i must be crazy :scared: ) and to the kid who stole my mobile a couple of weeks ago see ya later sucker hope maryland is nice over christmas im gonna be on the beach) and to all you australia wannabes hang in there it's gonna be worth the wait all the best rob :D

suzannepatricia Nov 27th 2005 11:52 am

Re: oh my god im leaving on thursday

You will be fine! :D Everyone will be so helpful and friendly, and look what a super new life you have all got in front of you. Plenty more birthdays and Christmasses.
I am going on my own, first week in january and I am a single 62 yr old lady! Looking forward to cuddling my grandkids.
Best wishes and karma to you all. :D

cranni Nov 27th 2005 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by angela&rob
I can't believe it, I'm leaving England on Thursday, 6 weeks before the wife and kids and I'm absoutely s****ing myself. Only decided to go this morning so I've booked the flight and away I go.

I have not got a clue where to go or what to do when I arrive but our house is ready so i must find the nearest paint store and crack on with getting our new pad all ship shape for when the wife and the little monkeys arrive. The only thing is that I will be spending my birthday and christmas alone but it's a small price to pay when i see those faces on the 17th jan 2006 :D :D :D. My house is in Tapping, Perth so any info where the local builders merchants are would be appreciated oh and car rentals super markets clothes shops etc etc (what am i doing i must be crazy :scared: ) and to the kid who stole my mobile a couple of weeks ago see ya later sucker hope maryland is nice over christmas im gonna be on the beach) and to all you australia wannabes hang in there it's gonna be worth the wait all the best rob :D

Well Rob, im a couple of hours from you, or you could come down for xmas dinner.
Hey there are some really nice people in here and im sure you will get many offers, with the decorating as well. Denise

jensteve Nov 27th 2005 12:32 pm

We are within walking distance, if you feel totally out your depth when you arrive pm us and I shall send hubby to assist!
Have a good flight, Jenny and Steve

Pauline & Iain Nov 27th 2005 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by jensteve
We are within walking distance, if you feel totally out your depth when you arrive pm us and I shall send hubby to assist!

Good luck Rob. It will all be worth it in the end I'm sure :)

angela&rob Nov 27th 2005 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by jensteve

thanks that makes me feel a whole lot better :D

angela&rob Nov 27th 2005 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by cranni
Well Rob, im a couple of hours from you, or you could come down for xmas dinner.
Hey there are some really nice people in here and im sure you will get many offers, with the decorating as well. Denise

thank you what very loverly offer

Juliecabs Nov 27th 2005 1:57 pm

Best of luck Rob, and have a safe journey.
Julie.

Stitch Nov 27th 2005 1:59 pm

Enjoy. Happy birthday and merry christmas when it comes.

Cheers

Ginny

Madhouse! Nov 27th 2005 2:22 pm

Goodluck and safe journey it will all be worth it in the end :D

Claire

lacey21 Nov 27th 2005 4:49 pm

awww wow well done, go for it, you'll be fine I am sure all the nice people on here who live in Perth can help you out with some stuff

hugs LAce x

rossfive5 Nov 27th 2005 5:09 pm

Oh my god Im leaving for Perth on Tuesday morning, 36 hours time, bring it on I say!!!

See you in Perth

Cheers
Ross

worzel Nov 27th 2005 11:24 pm

My house is in Tapping, Perth so any info where the local builders merchants are would be appreciated

There is a Bunnings just south of Joondalup on the corner of Ocean Reef and Joondalup drive. There may be something closer though.