Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future
Default Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone out there tell me if they had insurance on their household goods that they shipped to Oz. We have been told we need it because of obvious reasons but our friends in Oz told us not to bother. but then again they did'ent have that much stuff to take. Our price tag on ins came to a staggering £909.72p WOW!!!! does that sound about right? Has anybody else had quotes like that and did you take out ins? Thankyou for your time I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:51 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're havin a laugh ain't they?

It's not April 1st is it , nah!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:51 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkeymark
can anyone out there tell me if they had insurance on their household goods that they shipped to Oz. We have been told we need it because of obvious reasons but our friends in Oz told us not to bother. but then again they did'ent have that much stuff to take. Our price tag on ins came to a staggering £909.72p WOW!!!! does that sound about right? Has anybody else had quotes like that and did you take out ins? Thankyou for your time I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
We didn't insure all our stuff - we insured to £6000 value as I recall and it cost about £220 or something.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:52 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Most shippers charge 3% of the value , but these guys do it for a lot less
http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs
WTF
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking at shipping and insurance at the mo - you'll also see a recent post by SuperSeagulls on Letton Percival which might help. Basically the shippers charge an average of 3% but it is possible to get it elsewhere, like Letton Percival, who will charge half that. Where have you had your quote from?

BB
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by beach bound
I'm looking at shipping and insurance at the mo - you'll also see a recent post by SuperSeagulls on Letton Percival which might help. Basically the shippers charge an average of 3% but it is possible to get it elsewhere, like Letton Percival, who will charge half that. Where have you had your quote from?

BB
Allied Pickfords they seemed pretty good on the move front around £2600 and then you have to add the tax and then the cost of the ins works out a £3600 or something for everything. Just wondered what everyone else did. The thing is its a bit late in the day for trying to find alternative and does the company get pi--ed off if you take the ins out with someone else and how does that work? Please!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:05 am

Allied Pickfords they seemed pretty good on the move front around £2600 and then you have to add the tax and then the cost of the ins works out a £3600 or something for everything. Just wondered what everyone else did. The thing is its a bit late in the day for trying to find alternative and does the company get pi--ed off if you take the ins out with someone else and how does that work? Please!
They shouldn't be charging you VAT on the shipping as it doesn't apply :scared:
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe them to be having his pants down ...

Originally Posted by Perthforme
WTF
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

I've asked both Britannia and Bishops Move about insurance and neither had any objections about us getting it from elsewhere. They just gave the advise of making sure whoever we choose is FSA regulated and that the cover is the same, i.e. not 'total loss'. I haven't got to the stage of picking the shipper and insurance quite yet but I'd recommend phoning someone like Letton Percival - I imagine they'll nearly halve the Pickfords insurance cost.
BB
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I believe them to be having his pants down ...
Makes a change from the shirt off him back
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beach bound
I've asked both Britannia and Bishops Move about insurance and neither had any objections about us getting it from elsewhere. They just gave the advise of making sure whoever we choose is FSA regulated and that the cover is the same, i.e. not 'total loss'. I haven't got to the stage of picking the shipper and insurance quite yet but I'd recommend phoning someone like Letton Percival - I imagine they'll nearly halve the Pickfords insurance cost.
BB
appriciate the answers and time to write thanks. Ive been in touch with pickfords and asked them about the access and they said there is'nt any also we were under the impression that we needed to put everything down that we were taking and add up the total cost but really all you have to do is to put down what you want insured and then do the maths so to speak. So they are sending out another god almighty form for us to fill out this time we are only going to insure what we have to.......... any cheers for the info. Oh and as for Pickfords we so far have found them pretty good.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:21 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

appriciate the answers and time to write thanks. Ive been in touch with pickfords and asked them about the access and they said there is'nt any also we were under the impression that we needed to put everything down that we were taking and add up the total cost but really all you have to do is to put down what you want insured and then do the maths so to speak. So they are sending out another god almighty form for us to fill out this time we are only going to insure what we have to.......... any cheers for the info. Oh and as for Pickfords we so far have found them pretty good.
Make sure its Marine Insurance !

from what i have been told, making a claim is extremely difficult and is based on salvage reports.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:43 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Letton Percival are fine, I used them, the fella we spoke to was really nice and covered us for the time out container was on the floor over here which was good, think he gave us 30 days cover from the moment it landed. They are cheap as they are the main people and not having to pay the middle man.

My shipping company however was not impressed as that is wjo they use and I went direct.
Jenny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.