Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oh hurry up PLEASE!!!!!!

oh hurry up PLEASE!!!!!!

Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:18 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default oh hurry up PLEASE!!!!!!

I feel permanently sick........no I'm not pregnant, I'm STILL waiting for exchange of contracts........someone shoot me!!!!!!!!

It was supposed to be on Friday....but at 12.30 the w*nker in the suit phoned up to say exchange was not happening and was now going to be on Monday (today). He couldn't tell me why not....and from the way he spoke didn't give a shit either.

So all day I've been sitting by the phone just willing it to ring....groan....
At 1pm today the tension got the better of me and I phoned my solicitor to find out what's going on. Solicitor say's he's 80% certain its going to happen today....and will phone with any news.....I need a drink!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:27 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: oh hurry up PLEASE!!!!!!

Originally Posted by artep
I feel permanently sick........no I'm not pregnant, I'm STILL waiting for exchange of contracts........someone shoot me!!!!!!!!

It was supposed to be on Friday....but at 12.30 the w*nker in the suit phoned up to say exchange was not happening and was now going to be on Monday (today). He couldn't tell me why not....and from the way he spoke didn't give a shit either.

So all day I've been sitting by the phone just willing it to ring....groan....
At 1pm today the tension got the better of me and I phoned my solicitor to find out what's going on. Solicitor say's he's 80% certain its going to happen today....and will phone with any news.....I need a drink!!!!
Artep

It's funny isn't it that out of everyone that could buy your house, it happens to be the village idiot that you end up with!

Estate agents are bastards - our house is going on the market tomorrow, I didn't have a clue which agent to use, so I just went with the one I could get the best deal out of. One came round for a valuation and he must have been about 11, and was a right cocky sod.

I home everything goes through for you today, I will keep my fingers crossed for you, other than that I will get my brother and go and "ave im the slaaag"!

Lucy
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:34 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
Artep

It's funny isn't it that out of everyone that could buy your house, it happens to be the village idiot that you end up with!

Estate agents are bastards - our house is going on the market tomorrow, I didn't have a clue which agent to use, so I just went with the one I could get the best deal out of. One came round for a valuation and he must have been about 11, and was a right cocky sod.

I home everything goes through for you today, I will keep my fingers crossed for you, other than that I will get my brother and go and "ave im the slaaag"!

Lucy
Cheers Lucy
Trouble is the chain's quite long (4 properties)....and I have a feeling it's the plank at the bottom that's causing the hold up..

Rule of thumb with estate agents: Make 'em EARN their money!!!!! Bug them daily until your property gets sold!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!

Petra
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi petra,ooooh i feel for you, i bet your going through hell at the mo have a drink and calm your nerves,ive got another 2 estate agents coming round soon,we had 3 last wk and they really didnt seem to give a shit either,none of them have chased us up to see what we re going to do,un yet all three of them said it was a very saleable property cos we ve done such a lot to it....go figure you d think they d want the trade.

tracey.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

I hope it happens I thought the visa application was bad but this trying to se ll the house is worse
and yes estate agents are total tossers
We put ours on the market 6 weeks ago they said "we will sell it in two weeks"
not a sniff
flights booked for june 30th
looks like we will be paying a morgage and rent
total absolute ****** ers

I will think of you and keep everything crossed
heres hoping Mary
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Petra, I'm sure everything will be fine.

We are putting our house up for sale 1st of June (hopefully) but have set the ball rolling on selling the business. Now that could sell in a couple of weeks or could go on 8 or 9 months! Fingers crossed it goes quickly because it is all being done very hush,hush. Until the business is sold we cannot go public on our news of emigrating to the other side of the world!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:48 pm
....is FAB

Tracey - Yes I'm going through it!!!! help! my stomach feels like a cement mixer!
I know what you mean about the agents....they're full of the 'oh yea it'll sell quick...blah blah...bollocks. Words cannot describe my feelings for estate agents....I'm going to find it really hard not to express my full feelings for mine when I finally hand over the keys!!!!!

Good luck with yours!!

Mary - you were brave booking flights before your house was sold!!! I daren't do ANYTHING until we've exchanged.....then I'll be like a headless chicken...

Best of Luck!

Petra
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:52 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Petra, I'm sure everything will be fine.

We are putting our house up for sale 1st of June (hopefully) but have set the ball rolling on selling the business. Now that could sell in a couple of weeks or could go on 8 or 9 months! Fingers crossed it goes quickly because it is all being done very hush,hush. Until the business is sold we cannot go public on our news of emigrating to the other side of the world!
eek!! It'll be hard keeping quiet!! Thats the thing with house/business selling...you NEVER know just how long all these things will take. It could all happen inside 8 weeks or 8 months!!!!!!!!!! All I know is that its bloody painful!

Petra
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Petra

Really hope you get some news soon!! this house selling game is soooo pants!!
I`ve just been on the phone to our estate agents, we gave all our solicitors details to them last Monday...I get a call from our solicitor today saying....hi just thought I`d see how things are, any luck with selling your house got straight on to the estate agents and gave them a kick up the bum!!! the ball is now rolling

Karma on its way to you

Sue x
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Wont let me give you Karma today I`ll try again tomorrow

Sue
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:59 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Do we assume that it hasn't happened then? It is the end of the day as far as business transactions are concerned.

I feel like letting out a big scream on your behalf - aaaargh! I feel a bit better for that but I bet you don't. Why did they bother to say Monday when they didn't mean it? Just hope it is still on track for you and let us know when it does finally happen.

Good luck

Binbird

(Or have you forgotten to post that it has happened because you are too busy celebrating?! - wishful thinking........_

Last edited by binbird; Mar 7th 2005 at 5:00 pm. Reason: addition
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:34 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

eek!! It'll be hard keeping quiet!! Thats the thing with house/business selling...you NEVER know just how long all these things will take. It could all happen inside 8 weeks or 8 months!!!!!!!!!! All I know is that its bloody painful!

Petra
hi petra,have you heard anything yet?????sent you some karma babe,put oours on the market this afternoon,so its started for us know

tracey.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gsb]hi petra,have you heard anything yet?????sent you some karma babe,put oours on the market this afternoon,so its started for us know

tracey.[/QUOTEooopppss just realised i was logged in as gary.....

tracey]
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:53 pm
....is FAB

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

Exchange happened at 3pm this arvo while I was picking sprog number 3 up from school!!!!!!!!!!

Shippers are coming on the 16th March....complete on the 18th March. Move in with my hero of a mate who's offered to put us all up for a month while hubby works his notice which incidently is being put in tonight (he works nights) Flights are booked for the 12th April!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I now just say THANKYOU to EVERYONE who has listenend to my incessant whinging about my house. The chance of it falling through now are small but if it does I shall just run under the nearest train and be done with it..

Yee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Petra (one excited bunny!!!!!!!)
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:55 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

Exchange happened at 3pm this arvo while I was picking sprog number 3 up from school!!!!!!!!!!

Shippers are coming on the 16th March....complete on the 18th March. Move in with my hero of a mate who's offered to put us all up for a month while hubby works his notice which incidently is being put in tonight (he works nights) Flights are booked for the 12th April!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I now just say THANKYOU to EVERYONE who has listenend to my incessant whinging about my house. The chance of it falling through now are small but if it does I shall just run under the nearest train and be done with it..

Yee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Petra (one excited bunny!!!!!!!)

So how long since you first decided to come to Oz??

Congrats, you will just be in time for Winter Petra.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.