Oh hell

Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Oh hell

The flight price has gone up!!!! now £1478 for all of us - £1144 yesterday.

Now have to choose whether to fly SIngapore for more money or Qantas for £1183. But they do not give you additional baggage allowances do they?
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oh hell

Originally posted by Mummy

Now have to choose whether to fly SIngapore for more money or Qantas for £1183. But they do not give you additional baggage allowances do they?

Who doesn't ??? You're writing gibberish Mummy ! Calm down, have a stiff drink and put that yellow envelope down for one minute
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

If it helps, I would personally fly with Singapore airlines, they may allow more baggage which would be a bonus, but having flown with both, Singapore wins hands down

If you can afford the extra I would pay it

Good Luck

Nat
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas told me they will do the extra baggage, BUT you have to book direct with them, on their special migration fares......which were quoted as £200 more expensive than the Qantas fares with Austravel!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Hi, we flew with Singapore in January and would highly recommend, they are great. In fact, probably wouldn't consider flying with anyone else really. The leg room, own telly (watch what you want, when you want on them including films, games, documentaries, Music) plus excellent service... what you wanted when you wanted it. I even had to refuse some of the food, there was that much!

It's worth the extra...... I'm sure.....
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

How many is that for mummy?

we will be looking for 4 adults, as the kids are over the age of 11!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:56 am
Go Banana's !!

Try Royal Brunei, they seem to have some very competitive prices at the moment and although a dry airline they seem to get some good reviews - also, if you want to splash out, their Business/First Class is quite cheap ?

Good luck

Warren

Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:04 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried phoning Singapore Airlines? The flight price went up on the internet when I was booking mine, but when I phoned, I got the lower fare I'd seen the day before.

Jane
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Well i have just spoken to singapore airlines and it seems that i won't get the double baggage allowance if i book a return flight (i am bringing the little one back for christmas, and besides it is cheaper to go uk to oz than oz to uk) however, the difference in price for getting the american flight (and 64kgs baggage) is more than i would have to pay in excess baggage with singapore.

so, they are still the 2nd cheapest for the dates i want, so think i will book with them anyway - need to do it asap to get the cot booked.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 12:18 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Well i have just spoken to singapore airlines and it seems that i won't get the double baggage allowance if i book a return flight (i am bringing the little one back for christmas, and besides it is cheaper to go uk to oz than oz to uk) however, the difference in price for getting the american flight (and 64kgs baggage) is more than i would have to pay in excess baggage with singapore.

so, they are still the 2nd cheapest for the dates i want, so think i will book with them anyway - need to do it asap to get the cot booked.
Don't pay excess baggage with Singapore. They'll charge you somewhere between £30-£60 a kilo. The company Excess Baggage will charge you about £5. We got our stuff after about a week.

Jane
Old Mar 9th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Don't pay excess baggage with Singapore. They'll charge you somewhere between £30-£60 a kilo. The company Excess Baggage will charge you about £5. We got our stuff after about a week.

Jane

Gosh - thanks for that!