Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OH Got a job interview-need advice on sydney/new south wales

OH Got a job interview-need advice on sydney/new south wales

Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

fellows3078 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OH Got a job interview-need advice on sydney/new south wales

After many months of emailing companies my OH has finally secured an interview and flys out to sydney first week in september. The company is based in moss vale in the southern highlands and as we were originally looking at adelaide or perth have done very little research into this area. I will also need to work and having looked at seek.com think I will be fine as long as I can commute to the sydney area, therefore just wondering which areas should I be looking at to live to give me ideas of rental prices, childare provision etc. Also any feedback on this area would be really welcomed.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:47 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OH Got a job interview-need advice on sydney/new south wales

Originally Posted by fellows3078
After many months of emailing companies my OH has finally secured an interview and flys out to sydney first week in september. The company is based in moss vale in the southern highlands and as we were originally looking at adelaide or perth have done very little research into this area. I will also need to work and having looked at seek.com think I will be fine as long as I can commute to the sydney area, therefore just wondering which areas should I be looking at to live to give me ideas of rental prices, childare provision etc. Also any feedback on this area would be really welcomed.
Hi - have only been to Moss Vale once and I believe it was about an hour from Wollongong, which is about an hour and a bit to Sydney. There are lots of nice suburbs in Wollongong, especially the Northern ones like Thirroul, Bulli, Corrimal etc. There is a direct train line from Wollongong to Sydney although some trains can be quite slow - most people drive up to Sutherland, park up and then get a quicker train which takes 30 minutes.

I would check out the job options in Wollongong too - there were quite a few when I was looking - which will then enable you to live between Moss Vale and the "gong". Try www.careerjet.com.au - that searches all the common job sites and gives you pretty much every job going. Or try www.careerone.com.au - I love the whole of the Illawarra and South Coast area and will be heading there myself at some point. Make sure you check out Jervis Bay and Huskisson as well. Good Luck xox