Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oh god whats happening to the exchange rate!!!

oh god whats happening to the exchange rate!!!

Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:20 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy oh god whats happening to the exchange rate!!!

Nicely hovering above 2.50 sometimes getting to 2.54 but never below... Now its in free fall .. 2.476 and still falling.

I know the pound is suffering with poor high street sales which might put off an interest rate rise, but you'd think it could hold its own against the AUD.. Even the GBP/AUD hasn't done as badly. Doesn't the world know I'm transferring my worldly goods to OZ in the next few months.

Watch a fair few dollars drift away live

http://www.moneycorp.com/chart/charts_pop.html
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all
Default Re: oh god whats happening to the exchange rate!!!

Originally Posted by datamile
Nicely hovering above 2.50 sometimes getting to 2.54 but never below... Now its in free fall .. 2.476 and still falling.

I know the pound is suffering with poor high street sales which might put off an interest rate rise, but you'd think it could hold its own against the AUD.. Even the GBP/AUD hasn't done as badly. Doesn't the world know I'm transferring my worldly goods to OZ in the next few months.

Watch a fair few dollars drift away live

http://www.moneycorp.com/chart/charts_pop.html
Should have fixed the exchange rate.I managed to fix it at $2.53 two weeks ago with Hifx
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brad
Should have fixed the exchange rate.I managed to fix it at $2.53 two weeks ago with Hifx

Hi Brad,

Did you have to send a certain percentage of money to fix the rate??
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:01 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Think your self lucky we got $2.33 18 months ago on £140k, yes that's a lot of $ less than now.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:03 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Think your self lucky we got $2.33 18 months ago on £140k, yes that's a lot of $ less than now.
Think we got around the 2.4 mark. I mentioned this to my mother and she goes "oooh... when we came out it was over three dollars to the pound... " yea, thanks for that mum.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:05 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Think we got around the 2.4 mark. I mentioned this to my mother and she goes "oooh... when we came out it was over three dollars to the pound... " yea, thanks for that mum.
That explains why your mum has a nice pool and we don't
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:07 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macker
Hi Brad,

We have decided to go with HIFX.

We have asked them to book a rate of 2.53 however that will only come into effect if the exchange rate goes up.

Panicking now as we are supposed to transfer Our funds in the next couple of weeks.

I am praying the rate goes up..as we aren't taking that much money to begin with
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by macker
Hi Brad,

Hi Macker
I had to put 10% up front
Brad
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brad
Hi Macker
I had to put 10% up front
Brad

Hi,

Yes , I thought that. I was hoping you would say different though
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Ditto!

But at the end of the day we were grateful for what we got, could have come with nothing