Oh dear:(

Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Unhappy Oh dear:(

Well, reality has started. What seemed like something we just talked about has started to feel real and it hurts

The schools here finish today for the summer and the return 12 weeks later. My children will not be going back. I will be going at lunchtime to video them with their friends. I know I am going to be really sad today even though we dont go for another three months.

I already started blubbering when I saw one of my friends who is a teacher at the school In the past few weeks, I have really started to wonder why we are going especially after reading some of the posts on here.

It's gonna be a bad day and to top it all cant find the camera
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:37 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Oh dear:(

Originally posted by debsy
Well, reality has started. What seemed like something we just talked about has started to feel real and it hurts

The schools here finish today for the summer and the return 12 weeks later. My children will not be going back. I will be going at lunchtime to video them with their friends. I know I am going to be really sad today even though we dont go for another three months.

I already started blubbering when I saw one of my friends who is a teacher at the school In the past few weeks, I have really started to wonder why we are going especially after reading some of the posts on here.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh sweetie, dont be sad. I'm sure today will be really tough on you and the kids, but they are more resisilant that perhaps you realise and will be fine shortly I am sure. Taking a videocam down is a really good idea, but use it to look back at what a good time you had there, not as a way to bring you down.

I know how excited you are about the move, try and think about that. I'm sure over the next couple of months it'll be really tough at times, but Australia isn't unreachable, people will come and visit you and I'm sure you'll be back.

For everyone one who didn't like Australia there seems to be at least ten that did. You keep smiling, I'll be thinking happy thoughts to you all day
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Debs

Hope the kids last day school isn`t too upsetting for you all, but at least they will have the video to look back in future years. Take plenty tissues.

footie x
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Debs

I know its hard, but try to remember that all the gloom and doomers experiences are THEIRS, and not neccessarily going to be yours.

There are plenty of us who are very happy here. I am not going to say you will or wont be happy, but try to think on it as an adventure and make of it what you will. You have already done it once going to Europe, this is just another leap forward. I think you are a very strong person and i also think you will adapt very well. You just need a bit of a hug i reckon, but sorry..my arms aint long enough!!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:57 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh dear:(

Oh Debsy,

Virtual hugs coming your way.

This part of the emigration process is the 'not so good' bit but in the end it will be worth it. We all know this is going to come to us and dread it with a passion. We know it's going to be painful but we have to go through it. The sadness will only last a short time in the scheme of things so chin up, hankies at the ready and blub for England (coz I definitely will!!).

Take care

D D
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

You are all right. I know. Tanks for your kind sympathy and support. When I came here over ten years ago it was very difficult as I did not speak the language and it was a different culture.

Now I love it here, it does have it's faults like all places. My husband who was born here is so keen to go to Australia as he feels he needs a change in life (must be midlife crisis he is 41

When we first came here I was the one that was always wingeing about going to the UK I have made loads of friends here and I know that they will visit - well some of them at least!

I am looking forward to going to Aus but I have been there a couple of times before and as I have had my eyes done now I wont be wearing anymore rose tinted specs.

Have a nice day.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:28 am
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh debs, I feel for you.

Remember why you're making the move though. Its great that you are taking the opportunity that you have before you. A lot of people would love to do it, many of them will not get the chance and many more aren't brave enough.

It'll take a lot of courage for sure, but you've got to give it a go haven't you?

As I keep saying, no-one ever changes anything by sitting on their arses!!

Good luck and keep smiling

Marko
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:13 am
j&s
Forum Regular

j&s is an unknown quantity at this point

ditto what everyone else has said.

It will be very sad to say goodbye but stay positive - remember why you are going. Try to look on the bright side - new opportunities, new adventures.

I got a lump in my throat when I read your concerns as I'm sure everyone did. No-one looks forward to saying goodbye (well, maybe sometimes!!) but friends will always stay in your heart.

Thinking of you,

Sue -x-
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:40 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

You are all right. I know. Tanks for your kind sympathy and support. When I came here over ten years ago it was very difficult as I did not speak the language and it was a different culture.

Now I love it here, it does have it's faults like all places. My husband who was born here is so keen to go to Australia as he feels he needs a change in life (must be midlife crisis he is 41

When we first came here I was the one that was always wingeing about going to the UK I have made loads of friends here and I know that they will visit - well some of them at least!

I am looking forward to going to Aus but I have been there a couple of times before and as I have had my eyes done now I wont be wearing anymore rose tinted specs.

Have a nice day.

Are you a good cryer I mean are you able to look still glamorous, composed with silent little tears running down your face or are you like me? From fine to hysterical within seconds, sobbing, red face, runny nose and the sobs that happen hours after
Hope it goes ok, its gonna be worth the sadness.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

no I look like a panda when my mascara has run and my nose is snotty when I cry not one of those elegant ones I am afraid
Thanks everyone
Found the camera
Old Jun 15th 2004, 11:04 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Debsy,
this is just the worst part. Its indescribably horrid, I really feel for you.
I cried pretty much constantly for the last 3 weeks and really questioned our decision, but that all seemed to disapear when we got on the plane, and that heavy sadness doesnt last too long, but comes back now and then. I found the goodbyes traumatic, and miss a few people terribly, but I'm still glad we came.
Good luck,
Michaela
Old Jun 15th 2004, 11:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcmercer
Debsy,
this is just the worst part. Its indescribably horrid, I really feel for you.
I cried pretty much constantly for the last 3 weeks and really questioned our decision, but that all seemed to disapear when we got on the plane, and that heavy sadness doesnt last too long, but comes back now and then. I found the goodbyes traumatic, and miss a few people terribly, but I'm still glad we came.
Good luck,
Michaela
I am going fishing tonight with a bunch of my friends.
I think I will miss them badly

At the moment I am avoiding thinking about it too much.

Best wishes

G
Old Jun 15th 2004, 11:49 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

debs good luck at the school i know the day it happens to me i'll be in tears
but just think that thier next birthdays or school disco im sure they will have loads of new friends to vidio
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:00 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Grayling
I am going fishing tonight with a bunch of my friends.
I think I will miss them badly

At the moment I am avoiding thinking about it too much.

Best wishes

G

oooooooh

The thing that made me weep buckets was that episode of 'Sex & the City' where Carrie's in Paris. She's wondering round, all lonely, and she walks past a wine bar & sees a group of women laughing & drinking together, and at that point she realises how much she misses her girl friends..... boo hoo. I know I'm going to miss my drinking pals terribly, but I'm sure there'll be new ones.

IME from having done this before, it's that time before actually leaving that's the worst - when you get there, all the things you have to do just ot get settled provide very good occupational therapy.

Meanwhile, Debsy, chin up & loads of cyber hugs...

Anya.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:22 pm
From U.K 2 Aus

Jigsaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry honey, just try and focus on the end result! The litle ones will settle quicker than you think - have moved ours around loads (UK) and they always seem to be fine. Goodbyes are always difficult. Think you are very brave to take the camera/video to school, but it will be worth it. Our children grew stronger and more confident with every move. Have family who have never moved from my home town and somtimes l envy them, when l look at my children and then thiers our children have more confidence going into new situations and are very succesful at communicationg with people at all levels. this is just our personal experience.

It will all turn out fine!

Got me thinking about saying goodbye now! If we ever get that far

Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.