Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh bugger! is anyone in the UK able to help me

Oh bugger! is anyone in the UK able to help me

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default Oh bugger! is anyone in the UK able to help me

Hi all,

Had a disaster last night, kitchen wall cupboard came crashing down, frightening life out of daughter and cat! Luckily neither were in the vicinity of accident............got real estate manager to come and take photos, so the damage done could not be blamed on me when I end the lease.........anyway the reason I am asking is, on top of said cupboard (because I thought it would be safe!) was a porcelain white tiger that I bought in the UK in 1996, now worth about $1000, I have searched on E bay today and put in a bed for on in Burton on Trent - tried OZ e bay but no luck..........unfortunately I have had word back from seller saying that he will not ship to Perth.....if I do win the auction is there anyone in the UK I can have it sent to who would be willing to send it on to me, obviously I would reimburse all costs incurred to someone, I would be happiest if the tiger was wrapped up in bubble wrap and a blanket (Thats how it travelled over here!), I would happily re-post said blanket back..........I know its only a piece of china, but mine had great sentimental value to me and if I am lucky I will be able to replace it, any offers? Need to know asap.
Thank you
Sal
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:44 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice
Default Re: Oh bugger! is anyone in the UK able to help me

Originally Posted by invictia
Hi all,

Had a disaster last night, kitchen wall cupboard came crashing down, frightening life out of daughter and cat! Luckily neither were in the vicinity of accident............got real estate manager to come and take photos, so the damage done could not be blamed on me when I end the lease.........anyway the reason I am asking is, on top of said cupboard (because I thought it would be safe!) was a porcelain white tiger that I bought in the UK in 1996, now worth about $1000, I have searched on E bay today and put in a bed for on in Burton on Trent - tried OZ e bay but no luck..........unfortunately I have had word back from seller saying that he will not ship to Perth.....if I do win the auction is there anyone in the UK I can have it sent to who would be willing to send it on to me, obviously I would reimburse all costs incurred to someone, I would be happiest if the tiger was wrapped up in bubble wrap and a blanket (Thats how it travelled over here!), I would happily re-post said blanket back..........I know its only a piece of china, but mine had great sentimental value to me and if I am lucky I will be able to replace it, any offers? Need to know asap.
Thank you
Sal
It hasnt been stuffed full of Heroine has it??
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Originally Posted by yamahaha
It hasnt been stuffed full of Heroine has it??
I hope not!!! Still waiting to see if I've won the auction! put in max bid of 80.00 pounds, about $190, to me its worth it! God knows how much it will cost to mail but as I said to me its worth every penny>
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:53 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

I hope not!!! Still waiting to see if I've won the auction! put in max bid of 80.00 pounds, about $190, to me its worth it! God knows how much it will cost to mail but as I said to me its worth every penny>
To be honest I think you struggle to find anybody to do that for you...you gotta admit it does sound a little sus doesnt it!! Dont you have any family members/friends in the UK who know who you are who could do it on your behalf?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

PM If you haven't found anyone, my parents in the UK can help you out
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Teliko21
PM If you haven't found anyone, my parents in the UK can help you out
I personally dont think its suspicious, just thought someone on this board might be able to help an expat with a problem, I know the worlds gone mad, but I certainly didn't think I would be making a unreasonable request, as for the record, no I dont have any family left in the UK they are all out here with me
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:38 pm
AC/DC!

I personally dont think its suspicious, just thought someone on this board might be able to help an expat with a problem, I know the worlds gone mad, but I certainly didn't think I would be making a unreasonable request, as for the record, no I dont have any family left in the UK they are all out here with me
Of course you dont think its suspicious cosits you thats doing the asking! I was just making a fair point and also trying to help you by simply making a suggestion that you check that you couldnt get sombody you knew to do it thats all! Geeezz!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:46 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

i would have helped hadnt i been leaving for oz myself! sorry chuck, i appreciate how frustrating things like that can be if you are stuck in one country etc.
all the best anyway
for those who are thinking about it, i would assume the package would arrive at your house first at which point you check it make sure it is ok, then repack and send to oz, - well that is what i would have done anyway!
regards
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Hey I,ll do it for you and I can ship it out with my stuff. Ill wrap it in a blanket as long as the shippers would allow it and contact you when it arrives.
PM me if you want
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:52 pm
Scottish and a Mum

Scottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vb2
i would have helped hadnt i been leaving for oz myself! sorry chuck, i appreciate how frustrating things like that can be if you are stuck in one country etc.
all the best anyway
for those who are thinking about it, i would assume the package would arrive at your house first at which point you check it make sure it is ok, then repack and send to oz, - well that is what i would have done anyway!
regards
I'll do it for you hun. As said I would be unpacking it to repack it anyway, so I'll be seeing its not sus for myself.

PM me if you manage to get it sorted.

Catherine x
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:34 pm
Enjoy it while you can

Chick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scottishmum
I'll do it for you hun. As said I would be unpacking it to repack it anyway, so I'll be seeing its not sus for myself.

PM me if you manage to get it sorted.

Catherine x

Hope you win the bid, looks like there are some lovely people on here willing to help, Good on you both for offering. I'm not over till June or I would of packed with my belongings and posted to you in Oz. Good luck and lets hope it has a safe journey over to Oz.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

peanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nice

Hi all,

Thank you
Sal

Hi Sal
I will do it for you too. I am currently selling everything and anything on ebay too fund my move so am really familiar with the workings. I have paypal you have paypal it could nt be easier. Just pm with all the details if you decide to go ahead.

love
Nicola
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Hi all,

Thank you
Sal
could try to get DHL to collect via interparcel would prob cost around £30.00 and you could have it in around 5 days

if you want to try this let me know i will be happy to help

regards

jon

http://www.interparcel.com/

Last edited by jonjon; Feb 22nd 2006 at 3:15 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Me aswell...any issue's with anyone else who cant do it..I will

Steve
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:44 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Me too! Our stuff is going across in 4 weeks time but we've got plenty of room in the container - as long as you wouldn't mind waiting for it, it could be a freebie (although it would have to be posted from Sydney to Perth then!

Rach xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.