Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh blimey/crikey/heck!!!!

Wikiposts

Oh blimey/crikey/heck!!!!

Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh blimey/crikey/heck!!!!

Morning all,

The removals are in, and everything is being packed really quickly.
Its really scarey as the house still hasn't been exchanged.
Rang the vet. Her blood results still aren't through.
I am excited but nervous ar the same time.

Whisky:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Whisky

Perhaps you should nip out and get yourself some incontinence pants just in case i know i'd be needing them in your position. Good luck with everything, you'll feel loads better once all your stuff has gone.

Lynn
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Incontinence pads - got through one pack already this morning.

Whisky
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't packed that bucket yet Whisky fill it with something and have a long swig of it!
This expats addiction is really bad now - I have just sent the knackered table the computer was on to the tip.......so I am now in an empty sitting room (the boxes are in the kitchen), in the middle of the floor, lying down to type....!! Get me outa here!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can't believe after all this time - its here, we have nearly done it.

Oh blimey, need another incontinence pad - too late!!!!

WHisky
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:25 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whisky
Can't believe after all this time - its here, we have nearly done it.

Oh blimey, need another incontinence pad - too late!!!!

WHisky
:scared: :scared:

You have nearly got one more stage of emmigrating off the list. I have got my fingers crossed about your house sale.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:26 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean Whisky - all those months of sitting here planning it and suddenly its happening! What are you doing - sitting in the middle while the removers pack round you?!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

keeping out of the way and wondering whether today I might get to the 1000th post before I leave. HAHA
I should be in the spare room sorting out my suitcase, but can't quite get my head round to it.

Thanks Bondipom. Just hanging on for a phone call from our mate Katie from Estate agents. I have told her this morning that if it hasn't gone through by Friday she will be having guests for the weekend.

Whisky
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:37 pm
Home and Happy

Keep typing Whisky - does the nerves good! And the last 200 posts can creep up on you unnoticed, ao you might make it yet! Think I might aim for my 2000th as I arrive!

meanwhile, as I drop the hammer on my foot and nearly kill myself falling over the hoover cable, my Bloke sends me a text saying "You are very quiet today, are you busy or something?"!!!!
I despair!!!!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 12th 2003 at 10:41 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:17 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

does it feel wierd having total strangers going through your stuff and deciding what should be packed in what box? how on earth do you resist the urge to 'help'??!
one thing I'm curious about is this theory of 'closure' - does it really feel like you are closing this huge chapter on your life and opening another? I have moved from Sheffield-London and back several times but that obviously isnt the same. how do you cope with the feelings? (apart from drinking, logging on here etc!!) God its making my heart thump just thinking about what you all must be going through...!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:28 pm
Home and Happy

Thats one reason why I've done my own boxes, though the shippers can wrap my bits of furniture. I hate strangers going through my stuff- bit like being burgled. They are packing the pc though, and putting some of my gear in the same crate, and I really hate the thought!
As for the closure thing, yes it does feel a bit like that - as if its an end to an old life and the start of a new one. Till today it hasn't felt real, but I think its sinking in now. i've moved all round the country so I'm used to moving, but this is now much bigger, and I keep thinking "this is the last time I will........"
Odd mixture of feelings really - fear, excitement, sadness, an sense of relief at not going to work today (which is odd cos I enjoyed my job). I spent the last few weeks just working towards last Friday (when I left work). Now I'm actually allowing myself to look forward, though no further than the 31st. Maybe thats the secret to being able to cope - just do it one step at a time. Have several milestones and go from one to the next. Mine was medical - visa - flghts booked - shippers booked - notice for work & flat - leave work - leave the flat/ship the boxes - visit the family - then off into the wide blue yonder! That way its less of a jolt than doing it all at once.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

this is so scary, i bet it seemed surreal up until now, i know i keep thinking that this is happening to someone else and i will be able to pop up the road to see my dad but when the time comes for us to pack i know that it will then it home

arlene
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:45 pm
Home and Happy

Yea you're right Arlene, till now it was something that was happening to someone else! Now I'm chucking out the kettle and the tinopener and thinking EEEEK its happening to ME!!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:52 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

what will you all spend your last night in the uk doing? (clean answers only!!)
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:58 pm
Home and Happy

I shall be having a few drinks with my best mate and his partner..... very clean night, but I will be hoping for a dirtier one two nights later....!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.