Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh **** Hamster has escaped, help needed URGENTLY!!!

Oh **** Hamster has escaped, help needed URGENTLY!!!

Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:24 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Oh **** Hamster has escaped, help needed URGENTLY!!!

Just went to cage to feed little "Mary, Charlotte, Jessica, Bumblebox Williams" answers to Mary for short!!

Anyway the little bugger isnt there, last time we saw her was yesterday when she was put into her nice clean cage following big run out!!

Have no idea where she is could even of made a bid for freedom into the garden as the back door has been open ALL day!!!

Anyone got any tips how to find her??

How will I tell my 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son that she has gone, they are going to be devastated!!! Trying to get them both into bed now so they dont notice but they will definatly see in the morning!!!

SO HELP NEEDED URGENTLY..............PLEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!
From A very very very Desperate Mother
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:56 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh **** Hamster has escaped, help needed URGENTLY!!!

Originally Posted by toon williams
Just went to cage to feed little "Mary, Charlotte, Jessica, Bumblebox Williams" answers to Mary for short!!

Anyway the little bugger isnt there, last time we saw her was yesterday when she was put into her nice clean cage following big run out!!

Have no idea where she is could even of made a bid for freedom into the garden as the back door has been open ALL day!!!

How will I tell my 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son that she has gone, they are going to be devastated!!! Trying to get them both into bed now so they dont notice but they will definatly see in the morning!!!

Our hamster once took up refuge behind the fridge!!!!
I hope you find the little bugger soon.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

My hamster used to get out of their rota stack every night. Unlikely to have ventured outside as they prefer the dark. Best bet is to leave the cage open so they can get back in, put some srummy food down and, usually by morning, they're back fast asleep.

Only once mine didn't come back and that was when the cat go him first
Old Sep 4th 2005, 7:41 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

From the end of the post that the last person said about the cat, may I suggest you think about telling them about hampster heaven. Good luck
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:47 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp
From the end of the post that the last person said about the cat, may I suggest you think about telling them about hampster heaven. Good luck

Ha ha well we have now searched the whole house, dark corners cupboards everywhere but no Mary, so we are going to leave the "Pink Princess Palace" open on the floor tonight with food and hope and pray Mary finds her way back home!!!

Not to sure how we are going to tackle this subject in the morning especially as my daughter is back to school tomorrow and already worried about going into year 2!!

Anyway here's to hopeing she will be back by morning!!
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:51 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

We can lend you our cat for a while....He's always bringing little furry animals into the house to EAT...oops I mean PLAY with..!!

CORKER
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

DO NOT I repeat do not leave out food. The little bugger will come back for food and then scarper to it's new hiding place!!

We even stupidly tried putting flour on the floor to see which direction it came from(OK, You are laughing now but we were as desperate)!

Anyway 5 days later, Dad was spraying a model (another story) on the kitchen floor and 'Houdini' (yes, real name), came sniffing out from behind the fridge. We pulled out the fridge and he had made a snug little camp behind the warm motor.

Good luck and let us know xx
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:23 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by CORKER
We can lend you our cat for a while....He's always bringing little furry animals into the house to EAT...oops I mean PLAY with..!!

CORKER

Ha ha thanks for the offer but the kids faces would break my heart!!! ha ha
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiding places ours used in the past - inside the sofa (chewed its way in from underneath), inside the piano (climbed up the back and chewed through the linen backing) and up the chimney - not very far, but got very sooty!
Hope the little darling turns up - why not tell the kids its gone to Australia on a reccie trip?
Old Sep 4th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

SNAP!!!

Ours escaped yesterday during the night looked all day yesterday and today no idea where its gone busy packing up the house to move bit worried that i'll be unpacking in a few weeks and find it...

good luck with the search
Chris
Old Sep 4th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I hope you find her. If she is still with you I would expect you would see droppings and things chewed. Ours chewed through one of the wires to the fridge, not the live wire luckily for it. I cought it after a few days heading for the fruit bowl.

I would suggest keeping all the doors closed so she will be kept in the same place and looking for the signs that she is there. Then if you get them stay up late with a bit of cheese and wait for her to run out and grab her.

Goodluck
Katie
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:00 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Why dont you just go an buy an new one that looks similar?

Kala
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:05 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JayDeee

Kala
lMAO THE ONLY PROB WITH THAT IS WHEN MARY No1 COMES BACK AND MARY No2 IS IN THE CAGE
Old Sep 5th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Any news on Mary ?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 6:55 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee

Kala

This is what I would do ! And if Mary 1 turned up, I would cry "Its a miracle"

Good luck
Gillian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.