Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Official: Visa induced psychosis has hit me!!

Official: Visa induced psychosis has hit me!!

Old Nov 16th 2004, 2:52 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Official: Visa induced psychosis has hit me!!

:scared: I'm so sleep deprived at the moment (told by the CO that she was looking at the applicaiton last Friday......since then heard nothing. Losing sleep waiting for the email/letter. Completely got my days muddled up and forgot to pick the children up from school :scared:

Why are we doing this to ourselves??????????

Must go, lady from Social Services is at the door!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official: Visa induced psychosis has hit me!!

Originally Posted by philian4
:scared: I'm so sleep deprived at the moment (told by the CO that she was looking at the applicaiton last Friday......since then heard nothing. Losing sleep waiting for the email/letter. Completely got my days muddled up and forgot to pick the children up from school :scared:

Why are we doing this to ourselves??????????

Must go, lady from Social Services is at the door!
You did go back for the kids, right?
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:26 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Official: Visa induced psychosis has hit me!!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
You did go back for the kids, right?
What kids....who am I?????
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:48 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

What kids....who am I?????
you wait till you've got it and your just waiting to go
this is driving me up the wall waiting to get to the airport ....

haven't done any work for about 2 months

No sleep either

S
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:15 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68

No sleep either

S

God, when does it get any better?????????

P.S. A friend brought the children home with hers.....they are safe and well!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:26 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

No sleep either

S
Couldn't agree more. Trying to sell the house and get out for April / May time next year. Why aren't I getting any viewings? I can arrange anything until the house is sold. What if it never sells? Somebody please buy my house.

This waiting is much worse than the visa wait.

Chillout now while you wait for the visa because it will get worse before it gets better. Will be worth it though.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

No sleep either

S
Left work a week and a half ago, so that I could get things done and see people before I leave - done sod all, except felt ill and soooo tired! My body-clock is completely to pot (I'm heading towards Ausie time already), I'm forgetting things all the time (which is :scared: as I am a dementia nurse!).
I booked a flight to see my mate in Amsterdam for few days in Dec - then realised that my passport may well be in London at Australia house then - having a nice LSBV put in - still hoping this will happen BEFORE the 14th when I go to 'dam.
Worse thing is the obsession I have with this site - the only tangible link to Aus at the moment - thank the Gods for all of you!!!
Cas x
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

OK, own up, who else has burnt the tea? I wouldn't mind but it was only frozen pizza. I'll just put that in the oven and just pop up to see who's been posting ..... ooops. Poor kids, frozen pizza and even that is burnt.

Best go check on the rice now - it could be boiling all over the hob by now but I just had to check ...oops, I've done it again as Britney says
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:19 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by elksa
Couldn't agree more. Trying to sell the house and get out for April / May time next year. Why aren't I getting any viewings? I can arrange anything until the house is sold. What if it never sells? Somebody please buy my house.

This waiting is much worse than the visa wait.

Chillout now while you wait for the visa because it will get worse before it gets better. Will be worth it though.

Already done the house sale! We move into rented holiday accommodation next week, hoping that the sale will complete in about 2 weeks. Arranging for removal firm and skip to arrive after we vacate so I can sort out what is and isn't coming with us!

Winding down two businesses, preparing 4 children for a migration when we're not 100% certain we've got a visa!!!!! So although the visa seems small in the scheme of things, we're doing everything at once and a visa would be nice so at least we know we are going. Reading this back it sounds insane but what the heck.....you only live once!!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Already done the house sale! We move into rented holiday accommodation next week, hoping that the sale will complete in about 2 weeks. Arranging for removal firm and skip to arrive after we vacate so I can sort out what is and isn't coming with us!

Winding down two businesses, preparing 4 children for a migration when we're not 100% certain we've got a visa!!!!! So although the visa seems small in the scheme of things, we're doing everything at once and a visa would be nice so at least we know we are going. Reading this back it sounds insane but what the heck.....you only live once!!
Know exactly what you mean re visa, I'm just waiting for mine - seems like a full stop at the end of a very long sentence, before the next chapter begins........
Trouble is - the next chapter is entitled 'Now we have our Visa...' !

Good luck with everything, Cas
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:52 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Know exactly what you mean re visa, I'm just waiting for mine - seems like a full stop at the end of a very long sentence, before the next chapter begins........
Trouble is - the next chapter is entitled 'Now we have our Visa...' !

Good luck with everything, Cas
I know.....we kept stressing cos we didn't sell the house for a few months. Then it sold, so we moved on to stressing over the visa.....Lord help us when it finally arrives!!!! :scared:

As I said previously, the CO specifically replied to our email saying it would be assessed on Friday. It would be so reassuring to have received a quick email afterwards. I'd rather she said 'you'll hear by the end of the month'.

Pity they closed St. Edward's down......!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

I know.....we kept stressing cos we didn't sell the house for a few months. Then it sold, so we moved on to stressing over the visa.....Lord help us when it finally arrives!!!! :scared:

As I said previously, the CO specifically replied to our email saying it would be assessed on Friday. It would be so reassuring to have received a quick email afterwards. I'd rather she said 'you'll hear by the end of the month'.

Pity they closed St. Edward's down......!
Did you work at St Edwards?!
I haven't, but have worked at Harplands Hosp and Bucknall - so know plenty of people who did work at St Ed.
Cas
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Sat here from the shower having spent the day painting (ready to sell ) and just had to look far more important than getting dressed and out to see Bridget Jones God i might miss something

mary
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by marysidey
Sat here from the shower having spent the day painting (ready to sell ) and just had to look far more important than getting dressed and out to see Bridget Jones God i might miss something

mary

See you online later after the film then Mary!
I watched the first one on TV the other night for about the 4th time - ended up in tears by the finish - too emotional at the moment for films like that.

See you next Sat - really looking forward to it!

Don't forget your hanky tonight
Cas xx
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:06 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Smile Re: Official: Visa induced psychosis has hit me!!

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Did you work at St Edwards?!
I haven't, but have worked at Harplands Hosp and Bucknall - so know plenty of people who did work at St Ed.
Cas

No, I'm RGN but I reckon I slipped through the net and missed an admission!!! Can't remember names but went to the Social club with friends of my Mum's who worked there. I used to live not too far from Bucknall hospital and did voluntary work there before starting my training. In a previos thread you said you'd left work, where was that?

Nosey aren't I?????

Phil x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.