Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Official TomTom maps

Official TomTom maps

Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:18 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official TomTom maps

Was just perusing the TomTom site and noticed that they've dropped the price of their Australia map from $334aud to $149aud until the new year. I know many of us acquired the map from other, ahem, sources - but I think this one's worth updating to. They've introduced this Mapshare thing, where actual TomTom users can make corrections to maps, so that they're more up-to-date. When you buy the map you get 12 months subscription to Mapshare and are thus less likely to find yourself cursing out of date directions. Anyway - just thought I'd pass that along.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official TomTom maps

Originally Posted by Hutch
Was just perusing the TomTom site and noticed that they've dropped the price of their Australia map from $334aud to $149aud until the new year. I know many of us acquired the map from other, ahem, sources - but I think this one's worth updating to. They've introduced this Mapshare thing, where actual TomTom users can make corrections to maps, so that they're more up-to-date. When you buy the map you get 12 months subscription to Mapshare and are thus less likely to find yourself cursing out of date directions. Anyway - just thought I'd pass that along.

Yep - I decided to get the offical version last week - I run it on my ipaq 6910 pda that has the TomTom operating system in the ROM. When I bought the new Oz map, I also got a 'free' upgrade to the lastest TomTom version.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I might pay that. Someone who will remain nameless - Paul was going to give the the 'unofficial' download addy but he never did. $149 seems fairly reasonable for a legit version.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

we have been looking for an unofficial tom tom map for our trip over in march, been searching the internet but no luck, so would be really grateful if anyone has a link they could share
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
we have been looking for an unofficial tom tom map for our trip over in march, been searching the internet but no luck, so would be really grateful if anyone has a link they could share
Bit torrent search will find it
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Bit torrent search will find it
thanks for that tip, just had a quick look looked abit confusing! i will have a look when i have more time.
sarah
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:12 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

I had a dodgy version & it kept crashing for no reason when on a journey. Not much fun when driving at full tilt along with resetting your PDA and reprogramming codes whilst driving! Bought the proper version with UK & Oz maps and now no problems.