Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

lee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi Timmins Family.

Thanks for the quick response. Your infomation is great. I found this on the forum and thought it may interest you.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485003
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice

HI THERE GLAD YOU FOUND OUR INFORMATION HELPFUL
ALSO THE THREAD YOU SENT TO ME WAS BRILL .IVE EMAILED HIM MY HUBBIES DETAILS SEE WERE IT GETS US.
WHEN ARE YOU PLANNING/AIMING TO BE IN BRISBANE??
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

lee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the rough

Hi we are hoping to be in Brisbane in August. Our son has his GCSE's this summer. As soon as he has completed them we are going. We still have alot of things to sort out but we should be ready by then. Where in Brisbane are you hoping to settle?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice

Originally Posted by lee10ann
Hi we are hoping to be in Brisbane in August. Our son has his GCSE's this summer. As soon as he has completed them we are going. We still have alot of things to sort out but we should be ready by then. Where in Brisbane are you hoping to settle?
Hi ,not to sure where abouts in Brisbane we plan to settle.We will probably have a good look around when we arrive,maybe do short term rental in a few places for the first 3 months then decide.Have you any idea were you plan to settle yet?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi

We will probaly do the same, head for brisbane then have a look around. Ann wants to go to the gold coast r surrounding areas, it depends where the work is, and the price of houses. Have u been watching the program on bbbc1 wanted down under? we have been getting a few tips from that.
How far r u with your visa application?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi

We will probaly do the same, head for brisbane then have a look around. Ann wants to go to the gold coast r surrounding areas, it depends where the work is, and the price of houses. Have u been watching the program on bbbc1 wanted down under? we have been getting a few tips from that.
How far r u with your visa application?
Gold Coast is georgeus but apparently picking up permanent work can be a struggle mostly casual work,but brisbane is just over 1 hr drive so commuting would work.Ihavent had chance to catch wanted down under when is it on?
We are still in early stages yet ,just preparing for tra ,husbands a plumber but going under gas fitter (easier process than genral plumber and is fully qual with plenty exp) Im doing all the NICE STUFF at the minuet ie looking at property -jobs- shools -and banking etc etc etc.
Im getting very impatient and obsessed (so hubbie says)
how about you?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

The program is on every am at 9.15. lee says he doesnt mind commuting we might find somewere to live a bit nearer to brisbane and not so far away from the gold coast. We are just waiting for our police checks to come back, any day now. i was like you couldnt wait to get their, its taken us 18 months to get this far. R u going over for a visit first to check things out?, r have u been already?
What r u going to do yourself for work? R have u got small children to look after?

Anne
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

The program is on every am at 9.15. lee says he doesnt mind commuting we might find somewere to live a bit nearer to brisbane and not so far away from the gold coast. We are just waiting for our police checks to come back, any day now. i was like you couldnt wait to get their, its taken us 18 months to get this far. R u going over for a visit first to check things out?, r have u been already?
What r u going to do yourself for work? R have u got small children to look after?

Anne
I will watch it tommorrow.18 months sounds a looooooong time if you look at other peoples timescales ,why is it taking so long?
Are the police checks all thats left ? what about your meds r the done?
I am a nursery nurse and will look for a job once were properley settled,we have 2 kids girl 8 + boy 6.
what about you,do you have children?

jenny
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi Jenny

It took that long coz i had 2 get the ex permission to take the kids out of the country, he was been a bas....:lol. the medicals was done last november and the police checks came back this afternoon. i have 2 children charlotte 18 who isnt coming coz she lives with her boyfriend in wem, but i still got her visa done just in case,
and thomas 16 next month.
I had my own home care business which i sold nov 06, i dont think i will do that over there, like u i will get a part time job when we r settled. nothing strenuous.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 7:37 am
Just Joined

kbv1 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry if i have missed this on the thread but what is the salery for a Midwife in NZ?

thanks
Old Jan 11th 2008, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbv1
sorry if i have missed this on the thread but what is the salery for a Midwife in NZ?

thanks

Hi, try asking here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83 or here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72 (or both )
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

AMBERJADE78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, can anybody tell me roughly what a Registered Mental Health Nurse working in Victoria would earn? Obviously this is important, and cannot find the info anywhere! Thanks guys, amberjade78
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Dr Spock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AMBERJADE78
Hi, can anybody tell me roughly what a Registered Mental Health Nurse working in Victoria would earn? Obviously this is important, and cannot find the info anywhere! Thanks guys, amberjade78

RPN 2=$40,846 - $55,873
RPN 3=$57,590 - $62,437
Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

rexlion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timmins family
Gold Coast is georgeus but apparently picking up permanent work can be a struggle mostly casual work,but brisbane is just over 1 hr drive so commuting would work.Ihavent had chance to catch wanted down under when is it on?
We are still in early stages yet ,just preparing for tra ,husbands a plumber but going under gas fitter (easier process than genral plumber and is fully qual with plenty exp) Im doing all the NICE STUFF at the minuet ie looking at property -jobs- shools -and banking etc etc etc.
Im getting very impatient and obsessed (so hubbie says)
how about you?
Hi we have just got back from brisbane been on holiday (visiting family) loved it, we are going to apply for a visa. I am also a plumber/gas fitter, did your husband take vetassess assessments, if so how long did it take
thanks
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rexlion
Hi we have just got back from brisbane been on holiday (visiting family) loved it, we are going to apply for a visa. I am also a plumber/gas fitter, did your husband take vetassess assessments, if so how long did it take
thanks
He has applied under GAS FITTER as he has a 4 yr formal apprenticeship and c+g qual and is corgi registerd.GAS FITTERS are still assesed by TRA not vetassess.GENERAL PLUMBERS are now assesed by vetasess were you have to go a practical exam in london and also costs around 5 times more than TRA.So if possible go as GAS FITTER.Have you spoke to agent yet or are you going DIY?
Not to sure of time scales but reading other posts on here there around 4-6 weeks.
were also thinking about brisbane were abouts did you go ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.